• Logic Pro X

It's here

http://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

http://lazarusband.bandcamp.com/

yeah i was just looking at it too. looks pretty good

soundcloud.com/nonlocality
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

I was just over at their site looking at it, and it looks mighty impressive.

As I was clicking over here, I thought "I bet Travis will have a post about it," and it was the top of the list.

Thanks for not letting me down.

Comment

• travisbrowning
        travisbrowning commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I didn't let anyone down
        That virtual drummer looks amazing, I really hop they bring that to Garageband. I think they will because it's pretty similar to the smart drums on iOS Garageband.

Will get when available.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• travisbrowning
        travisbrowning commented
        Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:
        Will get when available.

It's out already, bro. 

The virtual drummer does look interesting, although I always remain somewhat skeptical about such things actually "sounding like a real session drummer." The added stomp effects look cool too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• El Gallo Negro
        El Gallo Negro commented
        Editing a comment

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

The virtual drummer does look interesting, although I always remain somewhat skeptical about such things actually "sounding like a real session drummer." The added stomp effects look cool too.

Have you worked with EZ/Superior Drummer in Pro Tools, Phil?  I've played drums most of my life and I was skeptical as hell about a drum program sounding and feeling good, but I have really been digging it (I have EZ).  It speeds the recording process along like crazy, and after you beef it up with some dirty compression and verb it sounds fantastic, IMO.

It's a notable improvement, but realistically it won't change the way I've been doing things in Logic at all haha. Most people already use a dedicated AU plugin for drums/external effects, so the functionality isn't going to differ much.

I like. Thanks for keeping at least one thing cool Apple. I bet they have some badass audio engineers over in Cupertino.
      Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

• ispunk
        ispunk commented
        Editing a comment

Does anyone know if it has a decent editor for programming drums? Logic 9 was totally unintuitive for drums. I just want to use Superior Drummer in Logic and program some fukkin drums easily. Also no upgrade pricing. Apple could throw previous Logic users a friggin bone and give us at least $50 off.

AAX?!

Ohh Avid. You're so up your own ass.

Comment

disrespectfully disagree :catmad:
        soundcloud.com/nonlocality
        nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Finally

make some noizzzzze

Comment

Working...
          X