Logic Pro X

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just over at their site looking at it, and it looks mighty impressive.

As I was clicking over here, I thought "I bet Travis will have a post about it," and it was the top of the list.

Thanks for not letting me down.

• Members

It's a notable improvement, but realistically it won't change the way I've been doing things in Logic at all haha. Most people already use a dedicated AU plugin for drums/external effects, so the functionality isn't going to differ much.

I like. Thanks for keeping at least one thing cool Apple. I bet they have some badass audio engineers over in Cupertino.

• Members

Does anyone know if it has a decent editor for programming drums? Logic 9 was totally unintuitive for drums. I just want to use Superior Drummer in Logic and program some fukkin drums easily. Also no upgrade pricing. Apple could throw previous Logic users a friggin bone and give us at least $50 off.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

The virtual drummer does look interesting, although I always remain somewhat skeptical about such things actually "sounding like a real session drummer." The added stomp effects look cool too.

Have you worked with EZ/Superior Drummer in Pro Tools, Phil?  I've played drums most of my life and I was skeptical as hell about a drum program sounding and feeling good, but I have really been digging it (I have EZ).  It speeds the recording process along like crazy, and after you beef it up with some dirty compression and verb it sounds fantastic, IMO.

Archived