• NAD finished my tweed royal build yesterday

here the soldered and wired amp chassis

the empty cabinet

cabinet loaded with a jensen p12r

the wedding, chassis mounted into the cab

back plate added

the control panel

blurry pic from the front

sorry just quick phone cam pics which do no justice to the color of the wood

it worked on the first firing up

and i had an half hour test drive in the rehearsal room and all i can say is it breaks up very very early
    real band practice test will be on wednesday

Attached Files

I liiiiike.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Nice work! Clips?

• t_e_l_e
      t_e_l_e commented
      Editing a comment

imbuedblue wrote:

Nice work! Clips?

tomorrow is first band rehearsal with it

i'm unable to record i guess

what kind of clips? sm57 in front?, with/without holy grail enabled? just phone camera video to catch the room sound as the sm57 adds its own compression to it? should i test the modes it has, or should i just play my favorite sound i get from it? lots of questions... and the last i need to answer for my self first

from the testdrive on sound, it seems it has too less headroom for my usage but it must be demoed with the band to get a real impression, but i'm already thinking about putting 6l6 in it instead of the 6v6's and i'm trying to find infos what else i would need to change to do so...

Indeed - that's fine Irish craftsmanship right there.

Was it an easy build? Any problems?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

• H.R. Shove and Stuff
      Editing a comment

Looks great! Reading the BYOC explaination, it seems to do a lot of things. I've found a lot of extra stuff is just bells and whistles and doesn't make a huge difference; let us know if you find that this is the case for this amp as well, or if the mods actually do something.

Also, how easy was it to follow the BYOC instructions? Their pedals are very well documented, but I didn't have a look at the amp instructions.

Looks great!  I'm very interested in how it sounds and looks.  I have thought about picking one up myself.

Beautiful build, I've been looking at that kit as well.  Would you be able to supply the part #'s for the tone and cut pots?  I've been debating whether to get the BYOC kit or try to source my own.  (Although with the kits on sale right now, I might just get all the parts from them.)

• t_e_l_e
        t_e_l_e commented
        Editing a comment

finally made a short demo

first 3 clips:

lp custom bridge position->ehx lpb-1->ehx holy grail->amp
        the gain change is done by changeing the playing dynamic only

4th clip is a little blues wank on my strat, middle+neck pickup
        in the middle a ts-9 kicks in

i replaced the jensen p12r with a celestion vintage 30, now the amp opens really up and i put a sovtek 12ax7lps is v1 to reduce the input gain

the sounds can all be done without any pedal or even better, but i didn't bother to do a demo of every possible setting so i used a rather clean setting with the pedals

PS: does anybody want a jensen p12r 8ohm speaker?