underage d00ds: anybody buy from subway guitars?

• Members

so, my bass has just about had it. i've been using a squier for about 5 years. the pickups are dead, the neck is just a mess, and it's done. i'm parting it out for about $200, so i have a limited budget.

i found this stingray clone at subway for $400. it says it has switchable passive/active eq, usa neck and body, schaller tuners, and a high mass bridge. it almost seems too good to be true. my options are limited at a lefty, and this has features, a low price, and availability.

so i ask of those that have done business with him before: are his instruments worth their price? or are they all talk and not a lot of substance? let me know before i spend $400 on what i think to be an upgrade.

tl;dr: should i buy this bass? is subway guitars decent?

leftysubrazebass.jpg

i'll probably be changing tuners and bridge because i loathe black hardware.

jesus {censored}ing christ

i've been playing guitar for 6 years and every single time i've ever posted a picture of a left handed guitar i get this comment.

does it get as old to you guys as it does to me?

Maybe you wouldn't if you didn't have a RIGHT handed guitar in your avatar. :idea:;):wave:

I have never heard / played a Subway guitar either - sorry. :o

• Members
jesus {censored}ing christ

i've been playing guitar for 6 years and every single time i've ever posted a picture of a left handed guitar i get this comment.

:lol:

Your reaction is what makes it funny.

• Members

Check out Rondo Music for a nice Lefty Bass at a GREAT price. Look in the clearance section as well.

rondo makes alright starter instruments, but really it wouldnt be much better than the squier i have now. my friend has an sx five string and although it looks nice, it sounds like wet ass and the b string has no definition whatsoever.

• Members

Jiminy freaking Christmas

Yet you still keep considering buying guitars that are backwards. You think you'd learn by now.

• Members

Look into those new cheap flea basses and also anything MIJ fender is pretty amazing

yeah i've been thinking mij fender.

$650 seems to be the magic number for those used lefty mij precisions or jazzes. they look sharp too. there are few basses i do like. it's like:

precision

jazz

stingray

alembic phil lesh style

flea modulus

other fenders (jag/stang/musicmaster)

and even then with left handed and in my pricerange, it's the same question every time:

precision or jazz?

• 2 years later...

Archived