Electrical Guitar Company

sparkfriction

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seriously? What happens when any guitar needs the things you mention? It's not like EGCs are made from magical fallen space astroids. You can have the guitar serviced just like any other guitar. Kevin is a top shelf dude and I'm sure if twenty years from now you need fret work he will be more then happy to do it.

Also

adbf4442.jpg

• Members

this guitars intressts me more and more...

what i want to know is - what happend when the guitar needs service? or maybe new frets after years of extrem playing?

EGC users tell me all please

I don't own one but I've played a couple and they are tops. Gonna get on that waiting list with my tax return this year, finally. Still up in the air on what model and all the details but that list is long, plenty of time to hammer out the details.

As for service, including refrets, I know you can send it back to EGC and Kevin will take care of it. He also mentioned another shop that's capable, in Minnesota I think he said. Could be a real pain in the ass for the Euro guys but I know EGC has instruments over there so maybe someone has the knowledge to service them over there too.

• Members

Seriously? What happens when any guitar needs the things you mention? It's not like EGCs are made from magical fallen space astroids. You can have the guitar serviced just like any other guitar. Kevin is a top shelf dude and I'm sure if twenty years from now you need fret work he will be more then happy to do it.

Also

adbf4442.jpg

yeah John "Seriously" ...it is much money for me and sure i have to do some stuff that needs spare cash like new tires for a car etc. But i try to get all infos first... i dont want cry later. And i dont want to ship a guitar oversea for new frets :) If it gets lost or just stuck for month at some crazy duty points...

EDIT: i chopped the frets down in just 6 years on my other guitars... and i dont play in a band the last 4 years :-\n

yeah ok we germans got Teuffel Guitars :cool:

• Members

I don't own one but I've played a couple and they are tops. Gonna get on that waiting list with my tax return this year, finally. Still up in the air on what model and all the details but that list is long, plenty of time to hammer out the details.

As for service, including refrets, I know you can send it back to EGC and Kevin will take care of it. He also mentioned another shop that's capable, in Minnesota I think he said. Could be a real pain in the ass for the Euro guys but I know EGC has instruments over there so maybe someone has the knowledge to service them over there too.

yeah thats the point - i have to check out which shop in germany can handle that...

• Members

How often does a guitar need refretting? I have played the {censored} out of so many of my guitars overthe years and this is so not an issue it's retarded. Even if you played your EGC 8hours a day, every day for 10 years I bet you wouldn't need to worry about a refret. All other service would be no different for any tech to perform... In fact it may actually be easier since the whole body just unscrews and offers total access to electronics.

• Members

dunno if i am cool or not... i am are a easily butthurt dude? 2 years HCFX without any stress and crying. you are the first one who just try to be the cool funny trolly guy - thats what i guess... but maybe we get something wrong?

read your post with the big JPG and aks yourself? did i piss in your threads where you hope for real infos? i dont think so... But maybe thats your art of joking and i am just get it wrong.

• Members

EDIT: i chopped the frets down in just 6 years on my other guitars... and i dont play in a band the last 4 years :-

I'm not calling you a liar but that seems {censored}ing incredible and kind of unbelieveable. Well you will have six years to save up for this refretting...

• Members

How often does a guitar need refretting? I have played the shit out of so many of my guitars overthe years and this is so not an issue it's retarded. Even if you played your EGC 8hours a day, every day for 10 years I bet you wouldn't need to worry about a refret. All other service would be no different for any tech to perform... In fact it may actually be easier since the whole body just unscrews and offers total access to electronics.

yeah John, it was just a question. i chopped my frets in 8 years off -easy. But good to know you have good experience with yours... :)

• Members

I'm not calling you a liar but that seems fucking incredible and kind of unbelieveable. Well you will have six years to save up for this refretting...

dont ask me how :idk: maybe wrong setting of the guitar or the many years as support guitarplayer for skatepunk and metalcore bands - dunno

John you know - thats the point why i asked my trustet forummates

• Members

Here is the long and short of it. EGCs {censored}ing rule and are borderline indestructible. Just because Kevin uses aluminum doesn't mean aluminum foil. For less then the price of some run of the mill, {censored}ty Les Paul or a new Mac Book that will be obsolete in a few years you could have a one of a kind gem of a guitar that will absolutely increase in value durning your lifetime of ownership. Maintenance is not an issue. It requires no more or less then any other guitar. You will not be disappointed with your investment.

• Members

Here is the long and short of it. EGCs {censored}ing rule and are borderline indestructible. Just because Kevin uses aluminum doesn't mean aluminum foil. For less then the price of some run of the mill, {censored}ty Les Paul or a new Mac Book that will be obsolete in a few years you could have a one of a kind gem of a guitar that will absolutely increase in value durning your lifetime of ownership. Maintenance is not an issue. It requires no more or less then any other guitar. You will not be disappointed with your investment.

oh yeas good point John - i didnt think about that.

Archived