Tronical Tuners Update

Player99

• Members

I got my tuners in last week, and after a night of pluging the larger Grover tuner holes with dowel and then meticulously drilling them out to the smaller vintage sized holes, I installed the tuner set only to find that they were defective.

I contacted Tronical and they were good about sending me a new set. Took about 10 days to get the new set.

I installed them in about 10-20 minutes. It took me a bit of extra time to put the strings on and figure out the correct way to run the unit, but now it is on it works like a charm. Press the button, strum all the strings, strum once more, everything is in tune and the unit turns off.

Excellent!

• Members

TL;DR or wat?

R U saying one can purchase robotic tuners? R they locking? How much?? So far Sperzels are my fave a three year old could restring them they stay in tune and look swell especially the frosted silver tuning heads matching my silver burst strat with SRV neck n fralins. :p

• Members

Player99 wrote:

I got my tuners in last week, and after a night of pluging the larger Grover tuner holes with dowel and then meticulously drilling them out to the smaller vintage sized holes, I installed the tuner set only to find that they were defective.

I contacted Tronical and they were good about sending me a new set. Took about 10 days to get the new set.

I installed them in about 10-20 minutes. It took me a bit of extra time to put the strings on and figure out the correct way to run the unit, but now it is on it works like a charm. Press the button, strum all the strings, strum once more, everything is in tune and the unit turns off.

Excellent!

my sg likes to neck dive, will this unit help to prevent that?

• Members

Turd Furgison wrote:

Player99 wrote:

Excellent!

my sg likes to neck dive, will this unit help to prevent that?

they will help a lot with that. Built in laser jet packs keep the neck at the optimal height.

The set with battery is slightly less weight than a set of grovers.

• Members

Its worth it, i bet they jacked up price cuz they know u will want to put them on each guitar if u like them.

Stuff is usually sucky, buggy and 5x the real price when its first released imo. I got an early iPod things a POS but it cost $$$500.00 new!!!!!

Archived