X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Big Muff am I looking for?

I've gone through a couple of muffs and similar fuzzes. I've mainly had the EXH Muff w/ Tone Wicker and the Little Big Muff. Both are fine, but I want something a little less smooth and a little more distinct and less smooshy. (A little less violin-ish).

My first thought was a Russian clone of some sort and I really like the Mojo Hand Colossus. Am I going in the right direction or do I just not want a Big Muff?

Other fuzzes I currently own:

Basic Audio Spooky Tooth

Basic Audio Zippy

Earthquaker Bit Commander

Joyo Voodoo Octave

EHX Little Big Muff

Any input would be appreciated!

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="royalblue">WTB: Menatone PiG OD Pedal</font></b><br />
    <br />
    <font size="2">Good deals with: reprove, Weathered, mitre </font></div>

Maybe the Swollen Pickle? They can sound pretty ragged, and there's a knob for compression, so you can make it as unsquishy as you want.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><u><b>Spam:</b></u><br />
    Peavey Classic 30 - <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2771476-Peavey-Classic-30&amp;p=42751063#post42751063" target="_blank">http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...3#post42751063</a></div>

Comment

• ispunk
      ispunk commented
      Editing a comment

Since you already have 2 Basic Audio pedals (and I'm guessing you like them), I would suggest the Tri/Ram muff. I picked one up used last month and it's really good. You can roll the Mids knob to your liking to get more muff meets overdrive/distortion tones.

I like both suggestions. Are the Triangle and Ram's Head muffs generally regarded as being "less smooth" than a modern Big Muff?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font color="royalblue">WTB: Menatone PiG OD Pedal</font></b><br />
    <br />

Comment

• ispunk
      ispunk commented
      Editing a comment
      The Triangle is a little less smooth and a bit more raspy

IC Muff will pit hair on your balls. so to speak..
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

• Urinate Forever
      Urinate Forever commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never really liked the IC muff.

I like what I hear from Russian style muffs. Am I missing something there? The Stomp Under Foot and the Wren and Cuff stuff sounds pretty good, as does the aforementioned Mojo Hand Colossus.

<br />

Comment

I listened to a video for the Mojo Hand BMP-1 (russian muff clone) and thought it was "the one" to sate my appetite for MUFFY GOODNESS. I'll get it in a few days!

Mojo Hand BMP-1

Attached Files
      <br />

Comment

Working...
      X