Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think something candid and unplanned might make a better image, an old lady struggling up the slope maybe.

Fair point, let us know how you get on! Cheers for the big version, it's easily big enough
    Good deals with: bvester, neoflox, Snufkino

Comment

• My extremely photogenic beagle..
      American Standard Strat
      crybaby classic -> '70 fuzz -> s.h.o. ->
      eb vp jr -> nova delay -> supernatural verb
      Vox AC-15HW1

Comment

• I had a baby shoot.

Mics, pedals, Amps, Guitars: My Spam

Comment

• Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

Originally Posted by eco1

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

• Cool, are you getting to know your camera yet?

A tip for those bright californian days would be to get a circular polarising filter. It'll make the contrast look much better on shots like these where the shadows are dark and the highlights are almost overexposed. It'll make the sky look less washed-out, I imagine it was a lot darker blue in real life than in the pic.

here's an example
            good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

• Cool, are you getting to know your camera yet?

A tip for those bright californian days would be to get a circular polarising filter. It'll make the contrast look much better on shots like these where the shadows are dark and the highlights are almost overexposed. It'll make the sky look less washed-out, I imagine it was a lot darker blue in real life than in the pic.

here's an example
              Originally Posted by Player99

No it is not repairable. You need to send the forum to me, and I will throw it away and sell you a new forum at full retail plus shipping. That is your only option.

i just got fed up with my ****************ing neighbor and shot him a few minutes ago.

Comment

• Yeah gettin to know it pretty well, I'm digging it for sure. I totally see what you're saying and it's a good call. I'll have to check that out on amazon or something. The difference is obvious in the example you showed. What I really need to do is start focusing on taking a few good pictures instead of 100 mediocre ones!

It's on my list of things to buy but, as it really only has an effect in bright sunlight, I'm not going to need it until summer. If I lived where you live it'd be higher on my priorities.
                As it is there's, like, three lenses I'm looking at buying, and I want to upgrade to a better camera soon too. This is an expensive hobby

The best thing I did to learn to take fewer, better, pictures was to shoot some film. Every frame costs money then, you've got to really be sure before you hit the shutter.
                good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

• It's on my list of things to buy but, as it really only has an effect in bright sunlight, I'm not going to need it until summer. If I lived where you live it'd be higher on my priorities.
                  As it is there's, like, three lenses I'm looking at buying, and I want to upgrade to a better camera soon too. This is an expensive hobby

Tell me about it. I think it'd be a good thing to have for my summer trip to Yosemite. Stoked for that. I'm really wanting to pic up a 35 or 55mm 1.4f lens. Something to really take some great candids while on our backpacking trip.

$$$$$

Comment

• Tell me about it. I think it'd be a good thing to have for my summer trip to Yosemite. Stoked for that. I'm really wanting to pic up a 35 or 55mm 1.4f lens. Something to really take some great candids while on our backpacking trip.

$$$$$

For your camera (like mine) a 35 would be great for that. I have the nikkor 50mm f/1.8D and it's great (and pretty cheap too), but I have to stand back a little too much for what I'd like to shoot. I'm looking to pick up the nikkor 35 mm f/1.8G next. It's not too expensive either - about $200 new.

Edit: that 50mm doesn't have it's own autofocus motor though, so don't even look at it

Comment

• For your camera (like mine) a 35 would be great for that. I have the nikkor 50mm f/1.8D and it's great (and pretty cheap too), but I have to stand back a little too much for what I'd like to shoot. I'm looking to pick up the nikkor 35 mm f/1.8G next. It's not too expensive either - about $200 new.

Edit: that 50mm doesn't have it's own autofocus motor though, so don't even look at it

So for the filter, how do you know what a good one is? I see them from $10 to $150...

is something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Essential-NIKON-D5100-D3100-D3000/dp/B003VZ7GEY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333996693&sr=8-2

dumb to get?

Comment

• Decolonize

Comment

• So for the filter, how do you know what a good one is? I see them from $10 to $150...

is something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Essential-NIKON-D5100-D3100-D3000/dp/B003VZ7GEY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333996693&sr=8-2

dumb to get?

personally I wouldn't get a huge kit, just bits and pieces as and when you notice something lacking in your pics that a specific piece of kit would remedy, or a situation where you think you would need it.
                          If you want to start looking into filters, there are the top quality brands (B+A, Cokin), cheaper but still good (Hoya, Tiffen) and the absolute cheapos.
                          Just steep clear of the cheapos, and don't buy filters that cost more than the lens you're putting them on

Comment

• personally I wouldn't get a huge kit, just bits and pieces as and when you notice something lacking in your pics that a specific piece of kit would remedy, or a situation where you think you would need it.
                            If you want to start looking into filters, there are the top quality brands (B+A, Cokin), cheaper but still good (Hoya, Tiffen) and the absolute cheapos.
                            Just steep clear of the cheapos, and don't buy filters that cost more than the lens you're putting them on

how do you size them?

edit: nevermind figured it out. 52mm on my current lens.

Comment

• just because.. (Squier Mascis Jazzmaster, new pickguard)

Youtube Pedal Vids
                              For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
                              ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                              Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                              Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

• shiny

Comment

• Working...
                                  X