X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAL man's amp

all y'all pussies with princeton reverbs need not continue reading, this thread is about the Hi-Tone DR201 SAP.

hiwatt

your amp might be sensitive and thoughtful.  this is the amp that bangs yr girlfriend and sends her packing back to your sorry ass.  a viking warrior from hell sent to rape and pillage yr village. 

Pretty much the ultimate amp, imho.  it has all the power (and more) any dictator would ever need, but it also sounds fantastic at lower levels with the master down.  it has all the Hiwatt cleans you could ever want, but it also is capable of over the top Hiwatt overdrive.  it's capable of getting dirtier than my 4-holer 50 watt.  the boost switch is such a nice feature--it basically makes the amp like a switchable 2 channel hiwatt:  hiwatt cleans, hiwatt overdrive at the click of a switch.  you can set the balance so when you kick in the boost there's both a significant gain (distortion) boost and significant volume boost--or you can set it so there's pretty much just a gain boost (or anywhere in between). 

The KT88's sound amazing--more full bodied sounding than the typical EL34 hiwatt (which obviously sound full bodied, but almost sound a little midrangey in comparison). 

i will post some clips if i get a chance this weekend.  in the meantime:

innards

wall-o-destruction

MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

meh on the color

Comment

• travisbrowning
      travisbrowning commented
      Editing a comment
      Wowza. I'm a little jelly. 1 because i'm already drunk 2. because deep down, I'm totally a Princeton Reverb man at heart. I'm just now accepting this but I think I'm okay.

Wee Willie Winkee amp over-compensation

Comment

• BAXANDALL
      BAXANDALL commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice my brother from another mother! I approve. I'd love to hear it sometime. I'm sure clips won't do it justice.

Basement rock should be painful to the ears. Any less, get a Princeton reverb and a CPAP cuz yoo past yr prime.
    MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Hiwatt your a dumb/crazy/deaf mother **** if your stepping on your pedals right in front of that bad boy when it's screaming. Seriously how loud do you play it?  2?

Comment

Lobbyist tones

Comment

• goodhonk
        goodhonk commented
        Editing a comment
        The rich get richer.

But 5.5 is 4ever

Comment

• fractal
        fractal commented
        Editing a comment

Looks pretty inside...

Cash rules everything around me

Comment

• Faldoe
        Faldoe commented
        Editing a comment

nothing but the finest for Bob.

Bet you are looking forward to the kids growing up so you can get to playing that amazing gear collection!

Comment

Lol

Comment

Lol

Comment

• Pewtershmit
          Pewtershmit commented
          Editing a comment
          sounds like some out of tune mumford and sons riff in the beginning there

Tuning is fo brokeass chumps

Comment

• riff ie
          riff ie commented
          Editing a comment

thats' alotta harmonic complexity happnin' there Bob, tell us wat kinda boost r u usin' to haunt the electrons...

oh after a second go round i sees' you got a footswitchable boost ala the pre-amp, that filth sounds thunderous, how much if any of that break-up is comin' from the kt88s'/speakers'?

You could rent that amp out for use in building demolition...it sounds pretty great.

Comment

• riff ie
          riff ie commented
          Editing a comment

companyman wrote:
          You could rent that amp out for use in building demolition...it sounds pretty great.

no doubt company, enjoy your new amp Bob, and pick responsibly as U cOUld put somebodys' aye out w/ that fukker...

Working...
      X