T-REX Engineering Boutique Multi Effects Pedal!?

alien

alien wrote:

Fail!

Have you heard it yet or tried it for yourself? If not, you probably should reserve your comments until you have. What do you suppose a T-Rex overdrive, distortion, delay, reverb and boost would cost as individual pedals? Probably more than the Magnus costs... and they wouldn't have the preset recall capability that the Magnus does.

I've tried it, and I liked it overall. It's not perfect (I wish it had stereo delay for example), but it's got a lot of good things going for it.

• Members

But it haz zero modulation, zero fuzz, my CC2 haz several flavors of fuzz, one of the best vibes ever made, and octavia.

IMO if its a tru multi effect it should at least tackle mod b4 going after reverb as ive never had a regular sized amp that didnt have reverb? It hAz no chorus, vibe or fazers??? Is T rex A P&W favorite?? It would have to have some killer verb to get the PW guys to give up there Spaces And Strymons and timelines even!

I woulda gone Boost, Fuzz , Mod , Delay. But thats. IMO !!!!

The distortion is one of the best I've ever heard - I really liked that particular flavor. In fact, the sound of all the Magnus effects are very good.

The lack of modulation is another obvious omission; the closest thing on it is the verb's LFO setting (modulated reverb), which is quite nice, but not quite the same as having a separate chorus.

Put your favorite phaser (or vibe) and fuzz in front of it and you have a pretty darned cool setup IMO. :)

Archived