So, what's the best reverb around these days?

ScreamCage

• Members

I've been using an Alesis Nanoverb in a TB loop for years, but I'd like to get something with a little more headroom (the Nanoverb starts clipping at about 3/4 of unity volume). What I love about the Nanoverb is the cold, virtually endless plate verbs. The TC Electronic Hall of Fame comes close to what I'm looking for, but I'd really like to a %100 wet option.

Any suggestions?

• Members

eti313 wrote:

Since you mentioned Alesis and plate; the
Red Panda Context

The Context has a beautiful Cathedral algo. 

Many people are nuts about the WET reverb also but that only offers one sound for the price ( can download other sounds on to it but it holds only one at a time).

• Members

eti313 wrote:

Since you mentioned Alesis and plate; the Red Panda Context.

EDIT: oh, and 100% wet is an option

Holy crap I had never heard of the context until now. That thing sounds **** great. May have to sell a few things and try one out.

• Members

Urinate Forever wrote:

try a cathedral

if you're looking for headroom, I wouldn't go for a cathedral. I used to have one, loved it, but had to get rid of it because it lacked headroom.

My personal favorite has to be the source audio dimension reverb, ugliest **** pedal I've ever seen in my life, but it sounds really really nice. Super versatile, has presets (can have unlimited if you hook it up via midi) and the best part is that it has a huge amount of headroom.... more headroom than any other digital pedal I've used. I generally run a lot of gain in front and this thing handles it better than most pedals. The EQ on it also comes in handy when you're trying to make a reverb not muddy on a fuzzed out guitar.

It uses a 56bit chip with 24 bit converter making it take volume like a champ.... has some cool expression options, very deep but easy to use, it's under $200 and doesn't take up much realestate on your board.

I've been through loads of reverbs, I didn't want this one because it was so ugly, but once I tried it none of that mattered anymore, thing works/sounds great. 

• Members

i must admit, having tried a ton of reverb pedals i'm still undecided. they all seem to have 1 mode i kind of like but the pricey one's are just too expensive to justify keeping.

i might try out a Mr Black Eterna to go with the trusty RV-2, but it seems it's annoying to have to vhoose multiple pedals for specific reverb types.

i just wish someone could release a reverb with every parameter being covered, like a plugin, without it being a

• Members

gambit wrote:

i must admit, having tried a ton of reverb pedals i'm still undecided. they all seem to have 1 mode i kind of like but the pricey one's are just too expensive to justify keeping.

i might try out a Mr Black Eterna to go with the trusty RV-2, but it seems it's annoying to have to vhoose multiple pedals for specific reverb types.

i just wish someone could release a reverb with every parameter being covered, like a plugin, without it being a

• Members

I just gotta malekko spring chicken in trade and love it!

Its the same one as the ome they just teissued, i traded funkoduck for it and looooove it !!!!

B4 this i was slways using amp verb or digitech rack stuff..

Archived