X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Looping #17: Lucy in the sky with Strymons

No Beatles songs where harmed during the making of this video

In the last couple of months I made some changes to my pedalboard. I added the Stymon Mobius, I replaced the Whammy 4 by the Whammy 5 and the Digitech DL-8 was replaced by the new Digitech JamMan Solo XT. I also installed a Cioks Ciokolate power supply and installed Koch Dummybox Studio loadboxes into my combos.

One of the cool things about the Solo XT is it's ability to change all kinds of settings. Here I set the record sequence to Record - Dub - Play, so I was able to instantly start recording after I recorded the basic layer - something I wasn't able to do before. So for this video I decided to go for a stream of consciousness style overdub frenzy relying heavily on my Strymon pedals for spaced out sounds. Hope you enjoy! The guitar is tuned to open D.

Nice. Really, really well done.

Thanks for posting that. It actually gave me a bunch of things to think about with my own stuff... Very cool.
    What lasts is what you start with - C Bukowski

Comment

I want to come back and listen to this after dinner, but I wanted to drop in and say you may have just posted the thread title of the month!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Wow, really nicely played, with a really nice touch.  Beautiful. 

Comment

• Pedaltones
          Pedaltones commented
          Editing a comment

Loved this.  I've been putting off buying a looper for far too long.

Nice!

Comment

One of the cool things about the Solo XT is it's ability to change all kinds of settings. Here I set the record sequence to Record - Dub - Play, so I was able to instantly start recording after I recorded the basic layer - something I wasn't able to do before. So for this video I decided to go for a stream of consciousness style overdub frenzy relying heavily on my Strymon pedals for spaced out sounds. Hope you enjoy! The guitar is tuned to open D.

boss rc-3 lets you do this too. or do record - play - dub too

also you look like john frusciante in the video's pic

YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

• NetStar
            NetStar commented
            Editing a comment

That sounds bloody lovely.

Well done.

Working...
        X