Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 kudos here if you can hekp me keep my twang on

so i got this tele w/ fender vintage reissue pick ups' neck goes 7.7k bridge 7.2 "ala alnico 3" and ima' diggin' the bakersfield blues kinda twang she's puttin' out, yet i need a set that will hold their own up against the texas special neck and middle as well as the ATOMIC hunbucker i gots' in the strat. Right the logical choise would be fender texas special tele set yaeh, but the ? is will they give me the twang that the vintage set does as they are alnico 3 "vintage set", and the specials are alnico 5. Anybody out there rockin' the texas special tele set, and if so can they cover bakersfield blues twang, tia...

changes come w/ the whether...

Fender Custom Chop so-n-so Broadcaster in the neck

SD Antiquity Tele 1955 (bridge)

Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

• riff ie
      riff ie commented
      Editing a comment

dig, i see that the magnets on the 55 is south but alinco ? anybody...

that broadcaster neck reads well w/ me, thanx...

Don Mare pjckups in my asat, he has a website with several different models, i like fralins too!

Comment

http://www.buckcannon.com/

I use the buchanan set like nancys heart...

Comment

• riff ie
        riff ie commented
        Editing a comment

thanx alien, fimiliar w/ all the above, and i know there all that, but i like to keep it simple w/ over the counter options as they're more easily obtainable over night so to speak, ????...

• riff ie
        riff ie commented
        Editing a comment

alien wrote:
        http://www.buckcannon.com/

I use the buchanan set like nancys heart...

the real nancy clone set sound awesome, but i think i'd be more comfy & cozy w/ "Zep0tone 2" Live Version...

Id check out the dimarzio twang kings. Im a big fan on how the dimarzio singles sound....that would be my choice.. Also, ive been hearing great things about the Bardens.. Oh, and def check out the Lindy Fralin blues special!! : )

Comment

Fralins in mah strats, bs vh

Comment

• El Gallo Negro
          El Gallo Negro commented
          Editing a comment

On the cheaps you can get the Tonerider Hot Classics for Tele.  Very nice pickups, but not what I was looking for because I was looking for much more volume/more beef/less twang/P90ish.  I would describe the Toneriders as having slightly hotter than average output, still with plenty of twang.  Really well made, though.

Ive heard bardens live . Sound great was into jhs double barrel into carr

Comment

Or were they lollars??

Comment

• riff ie
            riff ie commented
            Editing a comment

mucho gracias for all the suggestions all, howebout true velvets, and or blue velvet in strat bridge, anybody have exp...

I have my asat pups if u dig mfd's???

Comment

• riff ie
            riff ie commented
            Editing a comment

yeah dude the mfd are great, played for a while in a SC-2, but i'm gonna stay on alnico for awhile longer...

Working...
        X