Help me please :'( zoom g9.2tt problem

Rhyse290626

• Members

I have a zoom g9.2tt

I played on a gig and suddenly the zoom g9.2tt turned off. O dont know what happened exactly

So i went home i and i thought the adaptor is broken so what i did is i checked it and plugged it again and nothing happen. I have a generic power supply but cant fit to the zoom g9 . What i did is i cut the zoom g9 adaptor wire and i also cut the generic wire and i connected the two so i have a generic adaptor woth the g9 wire. Then i checked and plugged it and the G9.2tt worked.. So heres my problem

YES IT TURNED ON. BUT THE ZOOM G9.2tt CANT PICK UP SOUND FROM MY GUITAR. I tried 3 guitar cables/cord but the same thing happened zoom g9 doesnt pick up sound

I tried to reset the setting but nothing happened.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

If from the philippines by the way

• Members

so zoom is on, but no sounds... my first troubleshoot would be a cold solder joint in the instrument, do you have other equipment to plug instrument directly into ie; amplifier ect..., give all wires a LIL' wiggle as to check for signs of live, do the same w/ zoom units ins' / outs ect... report back if signs of live and perhaps we can help you troubleshoot futher...

• Members

well then on to the power supply, you mentioned you pieced together one from another, i suggest you aquire the proper transformer / adaptor / wallwart for said unit and go from there, should be able to pick one up relatively budgetary, since you've got web access and again re-check all connections and give'em a BIT of a wiggle in seach of where the live goes dead...

• Members

that remain to be known as of yet but you said in op "So i went home i and i thought the adaptor is broken so what i did is i checked it and plugged it again and nothing happen. I have a generic power supply but cant fit to the zoom g9 . What i did is i cut the zoom g9 adaptor wire and i also cut the generic wire and i connected the two so i have a generic adaptor woth the g9 wire" so yeah one would think there's a high probabilty of it " lack of soundz coming out of the zoom unit" again double / and triple check everything are you plug into the unit properly, if your certain you are give those in / outs' a wiggle, i speak from experience here as i've more than once mind you plugged a lead into an out when i should have been going in through the inn jack...

• 3 years later...
  • Members
I have a zoom g9.2tt
I played on a gig and suddenly the zoom g9.2tt turned off. O dont know what happened exactly
So i went home i and i thought the adaptor is broken so what i did is i checked it and plugged it again and nothing happen. I have a generic power supply but cant fit to the zoom g9 . What i did is i cut the zoom g9 adaptor wire and i also cut the generic wire and i connected the two so i have a generic adaptor woth the g9 wire. Then i checked and plugged it and the G9.2tt worked.. So heres my problem

YES IT TURNED ON. BUT THE ZOOM G9.2tt CANT PICK UP SOUND FROM MY GUITAR. I tried 3 guitar cables/cord but the same thing happened zoom g9 doesnt pick up sound
I tried to reset the setting but nothing happened.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
If from the philippines by the way
Hi! Newbie here. I had the same issue with you Rhyse290626. I did the same thing. But just I browsed further in search for the right thing to do/ or right adapter to use, well it seemed that we need to use the AC adapter instead of what we normally use here in the Philippines (DC adapter). Of course we need to use the same specified voltage... 15V AC 1.5ma.I'll search our famous "Raon" in Manila for this AC adapter.I'll keep you posted.

Archived