Fuzz Pedals That Cut Through The Mix

Shine-ei

• Members

my fulltone 70 works well because of the mids knob. even at full volume and overdriven, volume increase. tonebenders work well because theyre so bright as it is.my old russian muff was good when i was the only guitar.

actually ive found that it was my old amp that couldnt cut it, fuzz would squish. another thing is that too much gain from the fuzz actually causes over compression and all those sensitive peaks that allow you cut through just disappear, so as with my 70, right at 1 oclock is best.

• Members

chrisjnyc wrote:

Depends on your bands sound, and if you have another guitar player. I have tried a dozen fuzzes... and not much luck. You either crank it up, or use an EQ pedal. I just pulled off a green big muff after trying for a month or so.

This. 

You might cut through if you're in three piece band, but with a second guitarist you need an eq pedal and a loud half stack to make half a chance. 

• Members

Mark Wein wrote:

I really dig the Mojo Hand Crosstown fuzz.  Its like a usable Fuzzface.  I have one on each of my pedalboards I like it so much.  The first fuzz I've ever been able to use live:

Crosstown Fuzz

Not...helping...restrain...gas...Must...unsubscribe...thread....

• Members

Earthquaker Hoof cuts through pretty well, has a mid boost knob. I don't think mine sounds exactly like a Big Muff but it has a cool sound of its own going on.

Also, it might be considered more of a dirt than fuzz, but the RAT is really the definition of "cutting through the mix."

• 1 month later...

Archived