I want an excellent chorus, ideas?? Also a solid cheapie as backup.

AimmarCair

• Members

Things that I like the sound of are the Boss Dimensions and the Greenhouse Effects Stonefish Chorus is quite pretty also.

Macaduche never shuts up about how good the Retro Sonic Chorus is and how it's better than the CE-1/everything so maybe I'd be tempted to try one of those.

I also reallllllllllly like the deep gushyness of the Strymon Mobius's multi delay line thing but that ****'s crazy. Also Yamaha FX-50s got that reverb > delay > chorus patch that's Slowdivejizzumfest, I'd actually consider some rack/minirack recommendations maybe if there's something really crazy/excellent out there.

In terms of cheapies I know them DOD FX60s are pretty sweet though I think they might go for a bit more than I'm expecting, I guess there's also Boss's, any advice on those??

Expecting Maca and Ren to be big helpers here, pls come chat friendz.

• Members

A nice thick analog chorus is what I dig. What's your budget for the swanky one? I'm instantly saying Analogman or Mr. Black Double.

For a cheap chorus that isnt ****, you've got it right with the DOD FX60. Also look at the Ibanez Twin Cam chorus.

• Members

Brent, what's the VL saying?? Dunno anything about it.

Ohhhhh thanks lots Tom. Good points.

Yeah I like chewy analog choruses but also deep digital choruses. Maybe I should have one of each...

There is no budget really, if the pedal is good enough, I'll find the money for it somehow.

The Mr Black tip is especially on point, just got a Supermoon Chrome to accompany my Eterna (which really should fullfill all my chorus needs but...).

I know nothing of the Analogman one, deets?

Aaaaand yeah I'll check out the Ibanez Twin Cam too. Thanks!

• Members

TomVanDeven wrote:

A nice thick analog chorus is what I dig. What's your budget for the swanky one? I'm instantly saying Analogman or Mr. Black Double.

For a cheap chorus that isnt ****, you've got it right with the DOD FX60. Also look at the Ibanez Twin Cam chorus.

Analogman is CE-1 clone right?

Pretty sure the MRBLACK Double is digital not analog, and very atypical in its chorus sound IMO. 

AimmarCair wrote:

Brent, what's the VL saying?? Dunno anything about it.

Ohhhhh thanks lots Tom. Good points.

Yeah I like chewy analog choruses but also deep digital choruses. Maybe I should have one of each...

There is no budget really, if the pedal is good enough, I'll find the money for it somehow.

The Mr Black tip is especially on point, just got a Supermoon Chrome to accompany my Eterna (which really should fullfill all my chorus needs but...).

I know nothing of the Analogman one, deets?

Aaaaand yeah I'll check out the Ibanez Twin Cam too. Thanks!

Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus is basically a CE-1, I just happen to really like it. Super rich and sounds amazing and nobody cares about VL for some reason, they make some good stuff. 

The MRBLACK will def give you some digital way-out ness sounds. 

• Members

sup aimr. I'd get the Greenhouse Stonefish if i were you. i'm still gassing real hard for one but they're tough to find used.

other than that i'd have to say the analog boss CE-5 is the most versatile and best sounding all around chorus from the boss line, can do much more than the CE-2 can, as well as getting the same ce-2 tone on the right settings.

the mr black looks okehhhh

Archived