Stupid, cheapskate eBayer buyer!!! ARGH!!!

imbuedblue

• Members

So, some dude in Brazil keeps bidding on and winning my eBay auctions and then asks me to ship whatever to him for $7.00 instead of the actual quote. Here's the thing, though. Every time he uses a completely different eBay ID, so I can't just block him. The auction ends, and I see the same name and shipping address and await the usual message. WTF?!

• Members

imbuedblue wrote:

So, some dude in Brazil keeps bidding on and winning my eBay auctions and then asks me to ship whatever to him for $7.00 instead of the actual quote. Here's the thing, though. Every time he uses a completely different eBay ID, so I can't just block him. The auction ends, and I see the same name and shipping address and await the usual message. WTF?!

Block international shipping, or at the very least to Brazil. 

• Members

awallace wrote:

imbuedblue wrote: I'm not about to block the entire country of Brazil from bidding.

Why not?

BrentMpls wrote:

Block international shipping, or at the very least to Brazil.

The reason I'm not blocking International Shipping is that the majority of my high dollar sales--mainly vintage analog synths--end up being International, including to Brazil. Maybe, I'll block Brazil on smaller stuff.

• Members

Stupid eBay needs a feature whereby, at the end of an auction, the seller can disqualify a disingenuous bidder. If you disqualify the top bidder, then the auction goes to the runner-up. If you remove the runner-up, it goes to the third place bidder, and so on.

Each runner up should be asked  whether they are still interested in winning that auction. If they decline, they too are removed, and the process keeps going down the list. If they accept, then they take on the obligation of fulfilling the trade, like a regular winner, and at their own bidding price, of course.

This puts an end to the troll who "wins" a $100 item by betting $1000 and then reneges.

And, of course, to make this work well, eBay would have to allow bids to be placed which are lower than the current highest bid. If some joker bid too high, you should still be able to bid a lower, reasonable amount and have that recorded in the system, so you can be a runner-up if that person bails.

imbuedblue wrote:

Yeah, I've contacted eBay. Apparently he's using multiple IPs. They block the latest one, and then he shows up again. I'm not about to block the entire country of Brazil from bidding.

It is pretty funny, though, now that I think about it.

Has anyone else from Brazil other than this guy ever bid on one of your auctions? If not, you might want to consider blocking the whole country - at least long enough until this guy gets the message. :)

Archived