Now we know why Craig left

cryptosonic

cryptosonic wrote:

He said it was an opportunity that he couldn't pass up, couldn't agree more. I wonder how involved he was in the negotiations considering how long he has been with Cakewalk.

I believe he was directly involved with that acquisition, and the negotiations that went into the deal.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

cryptosonic wrote:

I am now also very glad that I switched from Sonar to Reaper a few years ago. lol.

If you're insinuating that this could wind up being a repeat of the Gibson / Opcode purchase, I don't think so. Time will tell of course, but I don't see that happening this time.

Naw Phil I stopped using Sonar a while ago, nothing to do with Gibby or Craig. It was mostly because the automation was buggy and some important actions were buried or missing. Cakewalk still has class leading instruments [iMO] despite their age. It is a shame Z3ta is the only one to ever get a real update. I still use the instruments but Sonar not so much.

I don't mean to be a huge downer but the only thing I want from Cakewalk is an update for Dimension Pro. I'd settle an updated patch browser. Roland didn't do that, I don't see Gibson doing that either.

Still I am happy for Craig. I did say it was a huge opportunity for him.

Archived