Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now we know why Craig left

gibson buys cakewalk

He said it was an opportunity that he couldn't pass up, couldn't agree more. I wonder how involved he was in the negotiations considering how long he has been with Cakewalk.

I am now also very glad that I switched from Sonar to Reaper a few years ago. lol.

He's driving a beautiful car these days.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Trebuchet MS"><font size="1"><font color="#996633">Smooth deals with: <i>duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookie</i><br><br></font><font color="tan">Fender Custom Shop '52 Telecaster<br>Gibson 2013 SG Standard<br>Fender Deville III 4x10<br><b><i>Oh Henry!</i></b> chocolate bars<br>Pedals n' stuff</font></font></font><br><br><b><a href="http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com" target="_blank">http://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com</a></b><br><br><br></div>

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

TomVanDeven wrote:

He's driving a beautiful car these days.

I believe Craig has only ever owned two cars - both VW Bugs. One was an old style Bug that he had forever, and one is the new-style Beetle, which he's now also had for a while.

IOW, he's not driving a big new fancy car.

that's half the battle

Comment

cryptosonic wrote:

gibson buys cakewalk

He said it was an opportunity that he couldn't pass up, couldn't agree more. I wonder how involved he was in the negotiations considering how long he has been with Cakewalk.

I believe he was directly involved with that acquisition, and the negotiations that went into the deal.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Can someone explain?
        Like <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoe-Pedals/259407637461219">Shoe Pedals</a> on facebook for fun, gossip, and updates.<br><br>Orders taken via PM, facebook, and email to <a href="mailto:shoepedals@gmail.com">shoepedals@gmai l.com</a>

Comment

Oh god. I just saw the link
          Like <a target="_blank" href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoe-Pedals/259407637461219">Shoe Pedals</a> on facebook for fun, gossip, and updates.<br><br>Orders taken via PM, facebook, and email to <a href="mailto:shoepedals@gmail.com">shoepedals@gmai l.com</a>

Comment

cryptosonic wrote:

I am now also very glad that I switched from Sonar to Reaper a few years ago. lol.

If you're insinuating that this could wind up being a repeat of the Gibson / Opcode purchase, I don't think so. Time will tell of course, but I don't see that happening this time.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

• cryptosonic
              cryptosonic commented
              Editing a comment

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

cryptosonic wrote:

If you're insinuating that this could wind up being a repeat of the Gibson / Opcode purchase, I don't think so. Time will tell of course, but I don't see that happening this time.

Naw Phil I stopped using Sonar a while ago, nothing to do with Gibby or Craig. It was mostly because the automation was buggy and some important actions were buried or missing. Cakewalk still has class leading instruments [IMO] despite their age. It is a shame Z3ta is the only one to ever get a real update. I still use the instruments but Sonar not so much.

I don't mean to be a huge downer but the only thing I want from Cakewalk is an update for Dimension Pro. I'd settle an updated patch browser. Roland didn't do that, I don't see Gibson doing that either.

Still I am happy for Craig. I did say it was a huge opportunity for him.

Working...
          X