Pretty stoked for band practice tonight...

MyNameIsRyan

• Members

Went to GC last night with the singer in my band.

He picked up an Ebony Sheraton II and a Vox AC15.  He's gonna start ringing some chords while singing.  

I've been dicking around with the keys in the band, and just having two instruments to fatten things up has been awesome, so I'm stoked to have two guitars.

g

Dude at GC was sort of a goof.  But I guess that is to be expected.  I got 20\% knocked off the guitar and the amp, using my Musician's Friend coupon as leverage.  Dude was like, "uh I dunno if I can do that."  I said, "well you can either match one and I'll buy the other from MF, or you can just knock 20\% off both and get the sale on both." 

He says, "this is why our roads in California are **** up man, cause people like you don't pay sales tax."  I said, "bro, our roads are paid for by gasoline taxes, and I drive a suburban, so stfu, I'm paying way more for the roads than you are."  

Then he goes on to complain that GC employees are commission only, which I have hard time believing, but whatever.  Either way, he gave us the 20\% on both, so I win.

Cool story, right bros?

• Members

MyNameIsRyan wrote:

He says, "this is why our roads in California are **** up man, cause people like you don't pay sales tax." 

You could always remind him that internet sales aren't tax free, the retailer just isn't tasked with collecting it, the purchaser is supposed to pay it directly to the state. That's why there is that use tax area on the state tax form.

He does pay that himself...doesn't he!?!

In fact,  you resent his accusation that you don't.  You have been wronged, sir,  and demand satisfaction...a duel...a stairway to heaven playoff!!

Or he could just give you a few free patch cables

• Members

9520575 wrote:

Its weird that you take pictures of your friends at guitar center.

You know, when I left band practice, I read this post.  On the way home I thought of all these come backs like, "it's weird that you take pictures of yourself packing fudge...", etc.

But then I thought: "Wait, that isn't weird.  Drummer wanted to see a pic, so I took it and sent it."  

So maybe you're just weird, Chuck.  Did you think of that?

Anyway, band practice was **** awesome.  It is so nice to have a full sound.  No more empty solos.  Nice fat music all the way around.  I'm stoked.

• Members

MyNameIsRyan wrote:

He says, "this is why our roads in California are **** up man, cause people like you don't pay sales tax."  I said, "bro, our roads are paid for by gasoline taxes, and I drive a suburban, so stfu, I'm paying way more for the roads than you are."  

That is a horrible thing to say to a customer. That **** is not cool. 

Archived