X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumping old threads...

It's getting a bit out of hand folks.

I don't mind if you bump stuff when there's a reason for it - if you want to add anything to the old discussion, or an update, or ask a question pertaining to the topic of that thread, then bumping it is fine and makes sense. I'm even okay with the occasional bumping of old threads as a "remember this?" type of thing... but we're seeing way too much of that.

Please cut back on it. I can start closing threads, but outside of the fact that there are too many threads getting bumped, there's no compelling reason to close most of the threads that are getting bumped, so if you could please just stop, I'd appreciate it.

I'd really rather not have to resort to temp-bans to drive hime my point here, but if the superfluous thread bumping continues, I may be left with no alternative. Fair warning.

Thanks!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Pedal

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

I like pizza Steve.

{O,O}
    (__(\
    " "

Comment

Phil- take care of the fly covered pile of horse**************** in your house before complaining about people rearranging your couches.
      FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

It'll be fun to see this post again in five years when someone bumps it.

Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

• Player99
          Player99 commented
          Editing a comment
          bump

^

Comment

Phil asking people to stop bumping threads is like obama asking Bashar al-Assad to stop killing civilians. With out direct and forceful action it is unlikely anyone will listen.
        Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

• BAXANDALL
          BAXANDALL commented
          Editing a comment

9520575 wrote:
          Phil asking people to stop bumping threads is like obama asking Bashar al-Assad to stop killing civilians. With out direct and forceful action it is unlikely anyone will listen.

Terrorist.

Done
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X