I'm rewriting the soundtrack to Twilight New Moon.

travisbrowning

• Members

Sounds strange, but I'm actually having a lot of fun. If you guys weren't aware, the soundtracks to these movies are really, really good and I never understood why people like Thom Yorke, Bon Iver, Annie Clark, etc.. would write music for films like Twilight. Maybe it was the money, or maybe it wasn't. Watching the movie over and over again isn't very fun, nor is writing the pages of notes I have, but writing the music and pulling from the quotes and characters is trule an enjoyable experience. I'm doing 10 songs and I have about 4 written. I did a rough demo of a simple one this morning, I don't know if any of you guys know the story, but this one is about Bella (the main girl) realizing that she has to kill herself to see Edward (the vampire who was also Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter). Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/travisbrowning-1/see-you-soon-rough

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ohhhhh that's why you're writing "Twilight inspired" songs, because you hope the tween girls who are into the super cool vampire dudes will buy your EP and you'll rake in a bit of the pop culture pocket-shaking cash money?

I see now. Carry on Travis. Buy me something nice when you're rich.

• Members

TomVanDeven wrote:

Ohhhhh that's why you're writing "Twilight inspired" songs, because you hope the tween girls who are into the super cool vampire dudes will buy your EP and you'll rake in a bit of the pop culture pocket-shaking cash money?

I see now. Carry on Travis. Buy me something nice when you're rich.

Well hopefully I make some money. But hopefully I write a few songs people enjoy and put on their iPods. And in a perfect scenario, but on a mix CD for their girls.Thats my main goal.

But yeah if I make a lot of money I'll buy you something, Tom. You name it!

Archived