Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedalboard-friendly summing / mixing boxes

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built a couple for myself and others, but mainly I use this for exactly what you describe:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    {www.dronecloud.org}
    {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

and here's one I built a million years ago

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      {www.dronecloud.org}
      {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

Your finishes always look gorgeous.

Comment

now that's nice
          great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

You could restrict your purchases to only those pedals with stereo IN & OUT and remove the need for an extra box. The Hardwire series of pedals would make this an easy task.

HT2 -> TL2 -> SC2 -> CM2 -> CR7 => SP7 => DL8 => TR7 => RV7 => two different amps

But that would presume that you like the Hardwire pedals enough to invest in such a rig.

Heh...run the outputs of the above chain to a pair of EHX 44 Magnum power amps and a 1x12 speaker cab each, placed 10 feet apart.
            - ChadEndorsing Artist: Cave Passive Pedals

Comment

To the pro audio crowd, that box will seem super cheap. To the pedal crowd, not so much.

Quite right. The Roll Folcrom is $775 new. Even the SM Pro Audio PM8 is $400 or so "street." Compared to that, this is quite inexpensive... but to the pedal community, $150 for a box that "doesn't really do anything" seems kind of high.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Passive or active? Or is it a passive summer with an active gain make-up stage?

Oh and - I agree - the case looks fantastic. Great job on the finish! hil:

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Nice suggestion - thanks.

Passive or active? Or is it a passive summer with an active gain make-up stage?

Oh and - I agree - the case looks fantastic. Great job on the finish! hil:

Both, sort of. The toggle at the back switches between passive, and passive summer with active make-up.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  {www.dronecloud.org}
                  {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

Nice! In passive mode, is it just using 10k resistors?

- George Carlin

Comment

http://artproaudio.com/artcessories/mini_mixers/product/splitmix4/
                      Nik
                      Godin LGXT; G707 with internal GK2.

Weeping Demon; M13;
                      AX100 MkII; 9001; Formula; HOG;
                      Repeater; Vortex.

Comment

I think this might be the most cost-effective solution:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/projects/15-boostersrouters/68-mini-mixer-project

Looks pretty easy for anyone that can melt solder...

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
                          Phil O'Keefe commented
                          Editing a comment

jdlmpls wrote:
                          I think this might be the most cost-effective solution:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/projects/15-boostersrouters/68-mini-mixer-project

Looks pretty easy for anyone that can melt solder...

I have not built that, but I did have a quick look at the schematic. It would probably work fine for many people, and it would be a relatively easy DIY project, just as long as you know how to solder. Even a complete beginner could probably get that built without too much trouble if they practice their soldering on some scrap parts and wire for a bit before attempting the actual build.

Thanks for the link! Are you considering building one? If so, please let us know what you think.

PS Welcome to HC.

I came across this old thread while googling about the same thing
                        https://www.rjmmusic.com/products/mini-line-mixer/
                        __________________________________________________ _________
                        arcadesonfire:
                        And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                        ______________________________________________ _________
                        guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                        _____________________________________________ _________
                        ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jorhay1 View Post
                          I came across this old thread while googling about the same thing
                          https://www.rjmmusic.com/products/mini-line-mixer/
                          Looks interesting - four input pairs and two outputs?

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Looks interesting - four input pairs and two outputs?
                            I didn't see that. Looks like 4 stereo inputs (one labeled 'dry') and one stereo output.
                            Last edited by jorhay1; 05-16-2017, 05:38 PM.
                            __________________________________________________ _________
                            arcadesonfire:
                            And even if I were complaining about Democrats in general, I think it's healthy to critique one's own kind
                            ______________________________________________ _________
                            guido61: Nobody wants to be around No Fun Trump
                            __________________________________________________ ______
                            Zig al-din: The whole concept of a polite political dialogue is an oxymoron
                            _____________________________________________ _________
                            ​prolurkerguy: Knee jerk + soap box = injury waiting to happen

Comment

I have one of those 6 channel Rolls MX28 mini VI mixers. Its got 3 stereo pair line level inputs and one stereo out, pan and volume knobs. I found it handy for mixing several keyboards together. Don't see much use for it with pedals. I do run dual amps and I do separate some of the pedals to run separately on each amp but a line level amp is too hot for pedals. It might work for rack gear connected to amp effects loops but I cant think of many uses in a pedal chain.

Comment

Working...
                              X