Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard-friendly summing / mixing boxes

They may not be sexy, but they're needed. Got a couple of mono in / stereo out pedals? Then like me, you could probably use a multi-input summing box. And I don't think there are that many out there, which is where you come in. If you know of any, please post them. If you are a builder, please consider designing / building something along these lines.

Thanks.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Yes! Thanks you!
    American Standard Strat
    crybaby classic -> '70 fuzz -> s.h.o. ->
    eb vp jr -> nova delay -> supernatural verb
    Vox AC-15HW1

Comment

i dont understand. so if you have 2 mono in, stereo out pedals at the end of your chain, how would such a box remedy it?
      YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

Questions? I'll try to help un-confuse you if I can...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

not entirely sure what the purpose for these is, but im interested. is it for things like balancing input levels for maybe a single coil and humbucker guitar?

Comment

Amdek MXK-600 will do -50 and -35 signals, I think Rolls might make one and I believe there's a vintage Roland unit as well.
            great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

I'mma go ahead and bookmark this thread.

Comment

What's wrong with the old DOD 240? They can be had for pretty much nothing and work fine.
                If we heard mortar shells,we'd cuss more in our songs,and cut down on guitar solos. Good transactions with: thewizardsofhop, moon shadow, blanknotice, stacco, grayeyes777, Frankenstrat86, Crxsh, Blurillaz, gtrwiz, H.P. Lovecraft, Sovtek50, gorebuc, Stevenglass, Spectermagic, fever606, anibawl, Gaetano Paul, iamthearm, Aaron SS, starmansam, J Werner

Comment

What's wrong with the old DOD 240? They can be had for pretty much nothing and work fine.

Well, those are totally passive so you could end up with some weird interactions between pedals. I have one from take flight, I believe, that works pretty well. 4 in 1 out. I don't know if take flight are still making them, though. Or anything.

I've been thinking of designing a pair of pedals that would be intended for use together. One a 3 or 4 way splitter that would let you choose full frequency, bass, mid, or treble only for each channel and the other a simple 4-input mixer. The idea would be you could send different frequencies to different pedals in parallel and then recombine them at the end.

Well, it's a brainstorm, anyway. I need to look more into how a few aspects of it would best be implemented.
                  www.shoepedals.com

Comment

a couple issues with the DOD would be, it's mono, so if you're mixing a few stereo pedals you're limited to one output in mono, instead of stereo and you'd only be able to mix two stereo pedasl to mono which wouldn't make much sense.
                    it's also passive instead of active, it also has no sum level. a cool box but very limited.
                    great transactions with: pointblank73, duderanimous

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the question properly, but the only thing that comes to mind is this
                      I doubt it's exactly what you want but it may get you closer...

http://www.badgereffects.com/paraxv.html
                      Originally Posted by Zappa74

Beer is like overdrive pedals.

At the volume I play, they're all the same.

Comment

so more or less something like this, powered, can set input/output gain, sum from stereo to mono and isn't a $3000+ rack unit...

?
                        we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat

Comment

following thread with interest..

Comment

Multi-input summing box? Don't you just want a mixer? I've seen compact mixers used on boards posted here before.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X