Sweetwater

goaway

• Members

holy crap.....i ordered a 10-pack of strings and literally 5 minutes later a guy calls me thanking me for my order, starts up a conversation with me about what i play, bands im in, all sorts of stuff. wtf????

i mean having excellent customer service is one thing but dang, those guys are border-line annoying. anyone else feel this way????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i love that catalogue. its got tons of gear im never going to buy. and 90% of the stuff in it is ridiculously expensive
:thu:

Like the new Mesa Mrak V?!?!?!

Which is cheaper than the Road King II...and I just might sell a lot of {censored} and buy one......

but then I'd have to put up with calls from Sweetwater every week asking me how I like my new Mrak V....

• Members

I got home the other day and one of those guys was servicing my wife. Not cool.

Seriously, though - the last time I ordered from them was over a year ago (I stopped going to them because of the creepy follow-ups) - I get a call right before Summer NAMM from this guy asking me if there's anything I want him to check out for me while he's there . . . there's service and there's stalking . . .

• Members

I received "check-in calls" after both of my purchases from Sweetwater. One was a Roland footswitch, and the other was an Eventide Pitchfactor. IIRC, there was more follow up after the second purchase. Commission system, methinks. :idk:

• Members

You know...

you can always just ask them to *Not* call you. It really works.

I find their service to be great and their prices are generally on par with every other retailer. And through a dozen or so transactions, I've never had a single problem getting them to match a competitor's price... regular or sale. I've even got them to knock off an extra $50 on top of a 10% discount on my TimeFactor because Guitar Center was having a sale and I was gonna use one of those $50 GC rewards cards that they mail out. It kinda makes getting that one phone call every 3 or 4 months sorta alright.

• Members

You know...

you can always just ask them to *Not* call you. It really works.

I find their service to be great and their prices are generally on par with every other retailer. And through a dozen or so transactions, I've never had a single problem getting them to match a competitor's price... regular or sale. I've even got them to knock off an extra $50 on top of a 10% discount on my TimeFactor because Guitar Center was having a sale and I was gonna use one of those $50 GC rewards cards that they mail out. It kinda makes getting that one phone call every 3 or 4 months sorta alright.

Oh, I know, but is that really where you want to set the bar? Make me go out of my way to ask you not to engage in annoying behavior? How about asking me up front if I want follow up? Give me a e-mail/voice option, etc.? It's just kind of invasive. As for quality and price matching - they are pretty good, but nothing extraordinary (they seem to match price like absolutely everyone else who sells on line) . . .

• Members

holy crap.....i ordered a 10-pack of strings and literally 5 minutes later a guy calls me thanking me for my order, starts up a conversation with me about what i play, bands im in, all sorts of stuff. wtf????

i mean having excellent customer service is one thing but dang, those guys are border-line annoying. anyone else feel this way????

Yes, thank you!!! This is very annoying. It actually steers me AWAY from Sweetwater. Someone called me nowhere near a time I was ordering (about 6 mos. later) and tried to chat me up about what I was playing and where.

It felt like a bad date where the other person is WAY more into you than you are into them.

• Members

Yeah, they are well intentioned I guess, but are annoying.

I once received a small item that was clearly used, and they immediately cleared it up.

However, the endless calls about every step of the process ("We have a new one on order from the factory." "Okay, it is now in our warehouse." "We have shipped it out.") was very annoying. It would be one thing if I was hopping up and down mad about the used item, but I wasn't. I just wanted it replaced, no need of special treatment. This was after all the calls after the original order.

Their approach reminds of the pencil guy from Seinfeld that kept calling for Elaine.

• Members

I get calls every few months about something I ordered about 3 years ago or wondering if there's anything else I'd be interested in. It does get very annoying.

Regardless their customer service is incredible, and if a company is going to error on a side of this issue they are on the right one.

Archived