How are Guitar Center's trade values?

dkerwood

• Members

I have some gear that's been on Craigslist and on HC off and on for a little over a year, so I'm thinking about just taking it down to Guitar Center to trade toward something I might actually use. How are GC's trade values? Are they ridiculously low? What can I expect?

• Members

dkerwood wrote:

I have some gear that's been on Craigslist and on HC off and on for a little over a year, so I'm thinking about just taking it down to Guitar Center to trade toward something I might actually use. How are GC's trade values? Are they ridiculously low? What can I expect?

I made an order last week in a new online music instrument shop which is named donnerdeal. Perhaps it is a new shop, so when I contact with them by email, they gave me a lot of discount. Maybe you can contact with them respectively, and buy the product after you comparing. Remember contact them first, that you can spend lowest price to buy the best products.

Jack0909 wrote:

dkerwood wrote:

I made an order last week in a new online music instrument shop which is named donnerdeal. Perhaps it is a new shop, so when I contact with them by email, they gave me a lot of discount. Maybe you can contact with them respectively, and buy the product after you comparing. Remember contact them first, that you can spend lowest price to buy the best products.

Jack, if you keep mentioning Joyo, Donnerdeal, Mooer, etc. in every other post, you're going to get banned.

It's okay to talk about pedals, but when everything you mention is about a dealer, or two specific pedal brands, it smells like spam - advertising - and that's not allowed on here.

This will be your last warning sir.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

I traded in a guitar a while back and they gave me the $100 for the trade in plus 10% off of a purchase of another guitar.  I think it was alright considering it was a 10 year old starter guitar that I never played.  I went in another time to see what I would get for my older guitar, and they told me not to trade it it because it was considered vintage and that it would be worth more if I held on to it, and also to not stop playing it because it is just now starting to sound good lol.  I guess they could have low balled me and done the old "Pawn Stars" trick, but they were honest about it.  I would probably go there again if I needed to.

• Members

For straight cash, they basically give you nothing. The one I go to has a good deal on trade-ins, though. They'll give you whatever cash value they would have given you on a sale, plus 15% off a new item. For big purchases, I'd say it's worth it. I traded in a pedal towards an amp once and saved a fair bit of money.

• Members

remember when you could get a 1/3 street value for all items, now a 1/5, or there abouts', buyers' market though i just consumed a retrosonic phaser for a 1/3 of list, as well as a hardwired cm-2 for a 1/3, no trades, just transfered funds, as far as which store and said trade, expect a 1/5 of street, or you could do the open market thang and get 50% of street, if you patience is bi annual, give or take...

• Members

I remember I called to "sell" my Ibanez ST-50 (as in I was asking to see if the myth was true) and the guy said something like "yeah ill give you $100 since they're beginner guitars" or something that stupid (this is the MIJ 80's Ibanez's) Needless to say I questioned his intelligence and told him to shove those $100 where the light don't shine and promptly hung up

Archived