How to get more high quality builders to post on here and answer your questions 101

SynapticGroove

• Members

1. Don't be a jackass to them.  The real ones are here to help you.

2. They probably don't care one way or another about your opinion if you haven't played their gear.

3. Don't be a jackass

4. If you've played their stuff, shoot up some links where you've used it.  Knowledge sans application is useless....we like to see the gear being played and are very grateful when it is.

5. A billion posts on a forum don't matter much in the real world.  Analog cred is where it's at. Get out and play, develop some perspective and then critique when you know what you're talking about.

6. Did I mention, don't be a jackass? ;)

If this offends you, you've probably earned it and deserve the karmic slap out of your skinny jeans.  Tone doesn't matter....it's the look that's important! 

If it doesn't, kudos for keeping it real and staying on here through the thick and thin of the small bus crowd.  You will be rewarded, and already are, with a life worth living and a passion that will always prevail, in spite of those that don't.  Give yourself a round of applause and keep doing what you're doing!  It's the only reason that people like myself are on here at all and it is the only proper force driving creative self-expression and will make your art immortal.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SynapticGroove wrote:

1. Don't be a jackass to them.  The real ones are here to help you.

2. They probably don't care one way or another about your opinion if you haven't played their gear.

3. Don't be a jackass

4. If you've played their stuff, shoot up some links where you've used it.  Knowledge sans application is useless....we like to see the gear being played and are very grateful when it is.

5. A billion posts on a forum don't matter much in the real world.  Analog cred is where it's at. Get out and play, develop some perspective and then critique when you know what you're talking about.

6. Did I mention, don't be a jackass?
;)

If this offends you, you've probably earned it and deserve the karmic slap out of your skinny jeans.  Tone doesn't matter....it's the look that's important! 

If it doesn't, kudos for keeping it real and staying on here through the thick and thin of the small bus crowd.  You will be rewarded, and already are, with a life worth living and a passion that will always prevail, in spite of those that don't.  Give yourself a round of applause and keep doing what you're doing!  It's the only reason that people like myself are on here at all and it is the only proper force driving creative self-expression and will make your art immortal.

Thank you for this insightful and valuable information. It will be a precious commodity in all my dealings with high quality builders.

Thank you for giving me permission to give myself a round of applause!

Another pedal is the only proper force that is keeping my art from being immortal.

• Members

High quality builders have better stuff to do. There's a DYI thread here on this forum that has a ton of input from builders who are too busy to post here anymore. If you think you have an awesome pedal send it out for review, send it to people that post demos, get a tour box up and running, create more pedals if you're bored. Participate in fundraisers, etc... Most of all good luck marketing an overdrive in a sea of overdrives.

• Members

Is there a big muff pedal that's more transparent than the EHX ones? maybe one that a boutique builder makes? I don't mind if it doesnt have the original logo and all that. The sound is the important thing.

if anyone can help me out it would be appreciated.

• Members

The guy's legit, he just spend all his time designing pedlols instead of learning how to behave online:) 

Grow thicker skin, eat some humble pie, and try not to step on your soab box too often, and you'll be fine.

That counts for everyone, but if you're running a little pedal business, it's even more important not too look like a whise-ass d-bag with a condescending attitude and a bad temper:) Not even saying you are any of those things, but you might have given some people here that impression...:s

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, I'm not at all claiming it's easy to just take **** because your reputation as a business man is at stake.

Threads like this one are exactly how you DONT want to attract attention to yourself and your business impo:)

Archived