Pedals for Pink Floyd

intothevoid

• Members

I normally play standard rock/metal stuff but I have always loved Pink Floyd so I want to try something a bit different.

I am not overly bothered about getting the exact David Gilmour tone as I think everyone should find their own sound. But is there going to be any pedals that are necessary for playing Pink Floyd songs? 

I currently have a Big Muff, silicon Fuzz Face clone and a Vox v847 wah pedal.

• Members

intothevoid wrote:

I normally play standard rock/metal stuff but I have always loved Pink Floyd so I want to try something a bit different.

I am not overly bothered about getting the exact David Gilmour tone as I think everyone should find their own sound. But is there going to be any pedals that are necessary for playing Pink Floyd songs? 

I currently have a Big Muff, silicon Fuzz Face clone and a Vox v847 wah pedal.

Sneak a peak at this website.

http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=2070

You need a reasonable facsimile of a binson tape delay, electric mistress flanger, univibe, big muff, fuzz face, vox wah, volume pedal, hiwatt amp and a strat to nail most of it. Obviously from album to album this stuff changed a bit and Gilmour's the only guy that plays exactly like Gilmour. Also you already have some of this stuff. Just vibe from the Floyd records you love and you'll get somewhere close.

• Members

Whether you have the same flanger matters a lot less than learning from the way he actually plays the instrument. If you can relate to Gilmour's sense of melody, restraint and intuition that will matter a lot more than whether you are playing the Echorec parts with a DD-3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I ended up buying this: http://www.mooeraudio.com/en/ProductInfo.asp?id=49

I was going to go with that or the ana-echo from the same brand. Even though the one I got is a digital delay it has a mode that sounds like a tape echo as well as one that sounds analogue so I went with that one. I'm really impressed with it, I can get some crazy sounds with the feedback all the way up and the tape echo mode selected.

Archived