Clear All

• is that copper?

I just wanna raspberry veinnnnn
    check out my sweet dealzzz, I got tons of them

Comment

• Mercedes blue up in this bitch!

And recorded a clip as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_a7_E9zzfo

Thanks again for the hard work guys! I really appreciate it!
      Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

• Mesa Octophant madness!^
        FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

• Who's building the black ones?
          Grind
          http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by homestar_kevin
            View Post

is that copper?

I just wanna raspberry veinnnnn

yes

and i know it is a price joke but not sure why it is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74
            View Post

I'm jealous, even with the poopy color.

it looks pretty sweet in person, the shine of the copper doesnt come out in the pic... looks really dark here
            FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

• hangwire have you played with those caps yet
              For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by hangwire
                View Post

yes,

it looks pretty sweet in person, the shine of the copper doesn't come out in the pic... looks really dark here

Well I'm glad I picked a Copper one. Looks awesome hangwire.
                Set-up: ME> GUITAR> EFFECTS> AMP> AUDIENCE=
                Good Deals : sh333, mitre

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls
                  View Post

hangwire have you played with those caps yet

No, but the limited time I played it with the 4401s was just what I wanted
                  FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by hangwire
                    View Post

No, but the limited time I played it with the 4401s was just what I wanted

I thought that might do the trick
                    www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by V
                      View Post

I thought that might do the trick

the octave switch doesnt do much anymore, but that is fine with me. It doesnt seem to add any extra octave up clank, just kind of "chokes" the decay/sustain

no compalints, boost mode up with texture just under half and gain high up so it kicks in, volume 75% to get a bump in unity... very fun.

Thanks again to all involved.

Comment

• So I just finished up a band practice with the Octophant as my dirt... I played a passage with a long sustained out single note thing, and the gate was cutting off the sustain. Lowering the boost knob a bit helped, but I was having a tough time getting a good balance of fuzz and sustain.

Anyone want to share any tips on what the controls do in a little more detail? I know there was a discussion about it, bt I can't find the post.
                        Facebook SoundCloudGood Deals with; STEELKAGE, LenDuffy, Yo_Squig, theemarkmiller and others I've forgottenSPAMDimarzio Paf Pro red- 30$ Shipped(one thread is worn)Ampeg VH140C

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by diocide
                          View Post

So I just finished up a band practice with the Octophant as my dirt... I played a passage with a long sustained out single note thing, and the gate was cutting off the sustain. Lowering the boost knob a bit helped, but I was having a tough time getting a good balance of fuzz and sustain.

Anyone want to share any tips on what the controls do in a little more detail? I know there was a discussion about it, bt I can't find the post.

It will be more gated when the octave is on. I have one hard wired with everything dimed
                          Elektro/Audio/Destruktors- Handmade Pedals from Olympia, Washington & Denali Park, Alaskajoyopedals: I do not waste producersGood deal with LDSis4Me.

Comment

View Post

So I just finished up a band practice with the Octophant as my dirt... I played a passage with a long sustained out single note thing, and the gate was cutting off the sustain. Lowering the boost knob a bit helped, but I was having a tough time getting a good balance of fuzz and sustain.

It's been a couple weeks since I used mine, so I may be a bit fuzzy, I don't remember there being a mode where it sustained very long - you might drive running a boost/fuzz in front of it. Having the octave up will make it even more (only slightly with this pedal) gated than normal.

Here is V's description:

Quote Originally Posted by V
                            View Post

Yep. Mode two has an octave fuzz effect.

There are four modes so to speak.

1: (Texture switch down, Octave Off) is like a slight fuzz/dirty booster that can be cleaned up. Not gated at any setting.

2: (Texture down, Octave On) is an octave up boost effect. Can get gated if you tun the gain down.

3: (Texture up, Octave Off) is a germanium fuzz mode. It engages the boost knob. Boost is actually a bias control and was meant to be labelled Texture but the enclosure guys drilled the holes backwards. All the way up, the boost knob will not gate out if you lower the gain and is a very thick fuzz. As you turn boost back you do lose some volume and you also dial out bass/get more gated sounds. At about 3 oclock on this knob with the gain at max you get a big but fairly tight fuzz sound that's slightly gated at max gain. At about half on the boost knob you get a little more of a vintagey fuzz. Below that is sort of like 60s fuzz mode and the territory of nasal spitty sounds.

4: (Texture up, Octave On) is slightly more gated than just texture up and adds an octave effect. It behaves similarly to mode 3 but is an octave fuzz.

Also, to clarify, gain is designed to be left on full in most cases. It's more appropriately described as a trim knob. The idea is you use it to match your pickup/stacked pedal output to the pedal optimally and can turn it back a little bit to clean up/add clarity. It's not meant to be something you start at noon for a neutral setting. It's like the volume knob on your guitar but in a place where you can leave it at the right setting so you don't have to change volume on your guitar when you turn the fuzz on (like you might on a fuzz face).

For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

• Drone= pedal compressor in front

Comment

View Post

Turn boost all the way up over like 3 o clock and it shouldnt gate out.
                                www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Working...
                                X