Stratocasters. Show me yours.

travisbrowning

• Members

I've always liked Strats. Owned a few cheaper versions. Always liked Teles better. However, I've been on the hunt for a new guitar once I sell this Jazzmaster. I've been playing quite a few hollowbodies and Teles, but yesterday I played a Strat. Wow. I had forgotten about how versatile and comfortable they are. I'm a little worried it might be a bit to bright/thin for rhythm playing though. Anyone playing rhythm with a strat? Show me your strats!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MIA Lonestar strat

My 2000 MIA Lonestar Strat.

Of course you can use a strat for rhythm.  You might want to pick one up with vintage specs if you really want to specialize in rhythm, though.

If you are really worried about it sounding thin you can always use the middle pickup, and toning down brightness is the reason you have tone knobs. 

• Members

PurpleTrails wrote:

MIA Lonestar strat

My 2000 MIA Lonestar Strat.

Of course you can use a strat for rhythm.  You might want to pick one up with vintage specs if you really want to specialize in rhythm, though.

If you are really worried about it sounding thin you can always use the middle pickup, and toning down brightness is the reason you have tone knobs. 

this x10 & if need bee goin' all fukkn' all fukkn', dig, a hummer in the bridge w/ option of going non hummer, will go all fukkn', this is my reality for the sake argument, still using stock atomic hummer, only w/ option to split, but if ya really need to GET ALL FUKKN' w' option to split super distortion is the yellow brick road home, holmes, yes i dig thats a lot of fukkn', too...

• Members

TNF, that's a gorgeous Strat.

I've only ever owned one Strat; an early Highway One in blonde with the spaghetti logo and a really nice matte neck. They're really comfortable guitars and, with the right pickups, can do rhythm just fine.

• Members

blueboxer wrote:

Strat

That is HAWT! If I had gone with the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat, it would have been black with tort and a maple neck!

I ended up going with a used 2006 American Standard with some very nice pickups! For $525, I couldn't turn it down. It plays and sounds great - then I opened it up and found that the pickups weren't stock - SCORE!

guitars

strat

Archived