The Offical DIY Thread

• Members

For all things pedal and effects related.

I've realized that I have a lot of small FX related projects going on that I need to get around to and figured I'd share them with you guys. I'll include info and pix where I can. I also want you guys to post your current and completed projects. Post pix of your builds, mods, rehouses, etc. I'd love to see what everyone is up to as well as sharing a few of my own projects.

(EDITED BY PHIL - here's a link to the DIY Buy / Sell / Trade Thread. )

Here's what I'm currently working on :

Echo Base Delay - Housing it in a 1590 enclosure with footswitches for Bypass, Mod on/off, and Delay Time. Delay Time switch will toggle between 2 pots for independent delay times. It'll also have a tails switch. I'm going to solder the board tonight but I've got to wait on the enclosure as I just ordered it today.

Pedaltrain JR - Installing input and output locking "feed thru" jacks and possibly refinishing it. The holes are drilled and the jacks are installed but im still mulling over the refinish so it's not assembled yet.

BJFE/Fromel Folk Fuzz - PCB has been populated for a long time now but I just got around to buying the pots, switch and enclosure today. I went with a bare aluminum enclosure that I'm going to finish BJF style. Does anyone know where to get BJF style knobs?

KLONe - Again I purchased the enclosure and a few parts today. Just something I've been wanting to try and build for a while now. Going to be housed in a PPP "18k Gold" enclosure similar to one of nitefly's builds.

I'll post pix of those various projects a little later.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got some parts for a fuzz face laying around here. just waiting for my 1590b in paint.

where you buy your parts Aaron?

I also have a bunch of 1590a's that i'm looking for ideas for. I just rehoused my footswitch in one, but I'm looking at doing something cooler.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pewtershmit View Post
I've got some parts for a fuzz face laying around here. just waiting for my 1590b in paint.

where you buy your parts Aaron?

I also have a bunch of 1590a's that i'm looking for ideas for. I just rehoused my footswitch in one, but I'm looking at doing something cooler.
Smallbear for parts
Pedalpartsplus for enclosures

• Members

Current unbuilt prototypes:

Digital/analog hybrid synth

2 DCOs, 2-3 LFOs, 2-3 ADSRs, noise generator, FM/AM, resonant LPF, programmable delay, MIDI, presets

lofi Looper/glitcher/sampler

Realtime loop position adjustment, quantization, "granular" modes, pitch/speed bending, punch-in, undo

"Synth-in-a-pedal"

kind of like this:

but a little more versatile

turmoil ringmod v3

Current "production":

Hollow Earth

Moth (soon)

Vibrato (a bit later)

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post

2 DCOs, 2-3 LFOs, 2-3 ADSRs, noise generator, FM/AM, resonant LPF, programmable delay, MIDI, presets

Realtime loop position adjustment, quantization, "granular" modes, pitch/speed bending, punch-in, undo

"Synth-in-a-pedal"
kind of like this:

turmoil ringmod v3

Current "production":

Hollow Earth

Moth (soon)

Vibrato (a bit later)
Can't wait to see that

• Members

Here is my BYOC tonebender. It was my first attempt at diy. Anybody have any transistor/mod suggestions? I'm looking for a little more clean up. Also right now it's killer for leads but not good at all for rhythm.

13be8e5c.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post

"Synth-in-a-pedal"
kind of like this:

turmoil ringmod v3

Current "production":

Hollow Earth

Moth (soon)

Vibrato (a bit later)
that looper idea sounds cool

• Members

Gonna make some voltage doubler thingies.

Gotta fix a pedal for a friend. I made it a while ago, but something went awry.

Gonna clean up my homemade pedalboard - cut some grooves in it Pedaltrain style.

Got a PCB for an Aquapuss clone. Got some cool Road Rage boxes too.

Also wanna build an OCD clone to see if it's close enough to my v3. If so, see ya v3.

• Members

My latest project has been a bastardized version (altered circuit and different IC version) of a Dwarfcraft Devices Great Destroyer. The circuit is absolutely nuts. Here's a brief demo vid, check out that cool arpeggiation effect on the high notes:

I just need to get some more parts and tinker with it a bit more.

Archived