Anyone Still Use a WIIO?

Shine-ei

• Members

I remember people here jizzing over these a while back... I've always liked the idea of having an OD like that of a cranked hiwatt... can anyone tell me about this pedal? is it worth it? let me work it, I put my thing down flip it and reverse it? 

• Members

ive always found the idea of these foundation pedals weirdly interesting. its strange to basically put an amp in a solid state box but also use these in recording would be awesome.

anyway. i had my eye on the rah, tho the wiio is totally up there. id be interested in what peeps have to say.

juicy-2012-3.jpeg

Mine gets used only occasionally. I have one of the first run of 100 units and I left it with the ultra-high gain and didn't have it modded. I don't need that much oomph most of the time, but I couldn't bring myself to have them mod it for lower gain... a lot of people prefer the later models due to the gain thing, but the "hot" ones are really cool too.

Catalinbread really does make some outstandping pedals, and I'm a big fan of their foundation-type pedals. I use the SFT quite a bit, as well as the DLS. The SFT is great for both guitar and especially for bass, while the DLS is almost like having a second channel for my Marshall. Killer products, great folks who really know tone, and reasonable prices - it's hard to go wrong with any of their pedals.

• Members

Hijack!!!!

Any ever use that 5f6? Bassman in a box sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm guessing the point is that it can tske whatever amp you have and make it a bassman? I've been torn between one of those, a naga viper, or a pigtronix germanium comp.

Archived