Oh hey, NAD.

TomCTC

• Members

Ran across a deal on a Deville III 4x10 with the black face and upgraded speakers. Used but mint condition, $500 out the door. Running an Xotic SL Drive into it and it's gloriously thick with the SG and very clear and detailed with the Tele. 4x10 config owns hard. 

Pretty happy, will attempt to flip locally later next year but first it's time to get some use out of it!

IMG\_8646.jpeg

• Members

Yeah, it really starts to come alive at gigging volumes which is quite awesome, but at home on 2 with pedals in front still works well. Can't complain.

Thom, the H2 was a luxurious amp. Incredibly nice to play through, but I don't miss it too much. I had a gig a few weeks back where I used an AC30C2, one of the blue tolex/salt and pepper grill ones, and revisiting that Vox sound was fun but I'm definitely over it. It's a nice change to not be playing a 2x12 setup for once, and the fact that I'm not lugging around a heafty ATA case with it is pretty nice as well. Haha

• Members

TomVanDeven wrote:

Yeah, it really starts to come alive at gigging volumes which is quite awesome, but at home on 2 with pedals in front still works well. Can't complain.

Yeah - funny thing is, if you can dial it down low enough, it actually makes for a really nice, clean/vanilla practice amp.  Who'd-a thunk it?!??!  Not at all what it was intended for, and leaving much of the money on the table from one perspective, but I just look at it like I got two amps in one.

Mmmmm, that bass .... dunno about yrs, but mine is deep, tight and creamy.  Still has the stock speakers, which I thought were poop until sheer laziness and inertia meant they got played in a bit ... and now, not bad at all.  I've run the amp out into different cabs, it can get glorious at OUCH levels.

• Members

Still have the stock speakers Dan. The MKIIIs have rebranded Eminence 1058s in there, I'd describe the bass as thick and deeeep. I actually have the bass turned just about off haha, it's still there but the more you turn it up the more bass playeresque it sounds which will just end up overlapping live. I don't wanna step on anyone's toes. :D

• Members

Yeah, you have musical partners.  If I'm not tracking I am the band ... hahahahha. 

In all seriousness, I have some sick bass amplification and I've still used that as a sort of Poor Man's Bassman from time to time ... that model got no respect, but it's underrated IMO. 

And of course, it's loud as fukk.

• Members

reverberlayed wrote:

Awesome. I almost traded for an SG Standard but declined due to the batwing guard. Gonna hold out for a small guard.

Good call. The small guard ones are the best looking. 

'61 RIs are going cheap now that the 2013 Standards are on the scene. It's getting easier and easier to get a small guard SG that has all the right body contours. The 61RI Satin SGs that came out were under a grand and looked incredibly nice as well. 

hol;

• Members

Yeah man, he's playing Massey Hall with his wife. Scored some great seats!

Nothing wrong with SGs. I'd take em over a Les Paul at this point, very complimentary to the Tele and the 2013 models fit like a glove in your hand. I refinished mine since I bought it used and roughed up, and now it's more of a matte satin sort of finish. Feels muuuuch nicer on the back of the neck. Def a keeper.

Archived