The Doom Room: HCFX Edition

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982
    View Post

One of my all time favourites. Can't get it to embed though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yqJH0NX2_s

Like so?
    Originally Posted by TheEternal

Can't you just let Jesus melt your face?

Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

life's too short not to eat bee's

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
    Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

Thank you kindly!

That Mare EP is one of the greatest recordings of all time, to my ears. The youtube compression is absolutely slaughtering it on that video though. It sounds devastating when you listen to it properly. 5 tracks of pure awesome.
      Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

DCC Engineering - custom cabinets, pedals and amps.
      Omens - my band

Originally Posted by FreekishBluesFX

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Thank you kindly!

That Mare EP is one of the greatest recordings of all time, to my ears. The youtube compression is absolutely slaughtering it on that video though. It sounds devastating when you listen to it properly. 5 tracks of pure awesome.
        Recent good deals: Fruvai, Darkmavis, Mind_Riot89, jeid2000, Krish, andthenurse, JDE, figjamaussie, Slow Life, The Riffer, Netstar, SimplyBen, magnum pi, WAWBanks, Hides-His-Eyes, Neoflox, woolyh, AidyCM, Gambit, MPH, joshp13589

Omens - my band

Let me see you piss on me and I will show you my tits. Well it no work that way. You need to rub my balls first. And balls I mean testicles

Comment

Holy crap that's a killer track!

It reminds me of something else....something from one of my mid-90s samplers that was probably a derivative of these guys. Sweet!!

Good Transactions

Peavey Bravo 112, Acoustic Control Corp 150 (x2), Peavey VTM120, Mesa Metal Grille Halfback 2x12, Tubeworks vert 2x12, Peavey 1810
          Godin SD24, Squier Standard Strat, Ibanez "Millenium" Destroyer, Agile 3100, Squier Classic Vibe Tele, Peavey Reactor

Fix Congress First

Comment

It reminds me of something else....something from one of my mid-90s samplers that was probably a derivative of these guys. Sweet!!

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

You know what's funny? One of my most beloved doom riffs is on the bonus track of We Are The Romans by Botch (at the end of Man The Ramparts).

It's funny because Botch were a math/tech/hardcore/whatever band, but that one riff out-dooms most doom bands' best efforts.

Watch from 5:56 for proof (the 3 minute build up to it is worth it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAThhvMfEw

Omens - my band

Comment

You know what's funny? One of my most beloved doom riffs is on the bonus track of We Are The Romans by Botch (at the end of Man The Ramparts).

It's funny because Botch were a math/tech/hardcore/whatever band, but that one riff out-dooms most doom bands' best efforts.

Watch from 5:56 for proof (the 3 minute build up to it is worth it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAThhvMfEw

Omens - my band

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread.
                  Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread.
                    Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                      View Post

Nah, Mare were pretty recent. Some point in the last 5 years anyway. They did this 5 track EP, then a couple of other random bits and then broke up. I savour these 5 songs because nobody does it like Mare

Omens - my band

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9
                        View Post

Nah, Mare were pretty recent. Some point in the last 5 years anyway. They did this 5 track EP, then a couple of other random bits and then broke up. I savour these 5 songs because nobody does it like Mare

Omens - my band

Comment

View Post

Ah, well then. I'm still tempted to go track down the CDs and see if I can find the band.

I've noticed lots of weird stuff on samplers I had when I was in my teens, I hear now and think, "Damn, that sounds pretty sweet."

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

View Post

Ah, well then. I'm still tempted to go track down the CDs and see if I can find the band.

I've noticed lots of weird stuff on samplers I had when I was in my teens, I hear now and think, "Damn, that sounds pretty sweet."

Good Transactions

Fix Congress First

Comment

when i first saw the title of the tread, i thought it was "The Dorm Room" and was immediately confused as to how someone could fit a set up like that in their dorm.

Comment

when i first saw the title of the tread, i thought it was "The Dorm Room" and was immediately confused as to how someone could fit a set up like that in their dorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X