X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Originally Posted by papercutnoise
    View Post

Wow, I'd say that sounded pretty damn amazing! Must be one of the perks in living outside of the city? Not a hope of doing that in the suburbs. Glad you're enjoying the pedal. Can't beat a new-fuzz-day!

Yeah, one of the many perks of living in the countryside. Obviously you need a car, which I don't have, but unless I actually liked a city or town in question, living rural all the way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by starmansam
    View Post

I made a meathead clone today. I think I messed up because it isnt a huge mondo fuzz, but it is a really tight bassy overdrive/fuzz thing. for those who have played meatheads before, how fuzzy are they? this one that I made sounds really great for doomy rhythm played fairly quietly. it adds some space and bigness to the sound too... is this right?

I made it for pelliot. this one is called the "turkey baster full of semen" and the knob is labelled "baste"

The Meathead should be massive sounding. The bass, compression and fuzz level is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient
    View Post

Just use fedex, my wifey's stepdad is a fedex driver, as soon as you send me the tracking number I'll have him issue an intercept and he'll bring it home for me, it will never hit a truck or ****************ty driver or worse come to worst I will have it dropped off at a fedex office near me and open it there.

Lucky.

View Post

Whats with Alex? He still posts on the board but never in here anymore? I kinda miss him.

Oh and Dan, look out i'm coming for your 3rd position spot!

Come at me bro.

View Post

Like I said its entirely driver dependent on how your experience will turn out. Last issue i had the guy showed up carrying the guitar in the box out his truck like a boombox in the eighties and then literally slammed it down in front of me, on the end that was clearly labeled this side up with a huge fragile sticker below it. It took all my will power to hold back from knocking the guy out like Danzig. Low and behold open the box and his stupidity had separated the nut and fretboard from the neck right at the headstock of what was to be my new to me rare as hell faded white 3 pickup flying V. The good news, well the good news is i shipped the guitar back to the seller for a full refund whom filed an insurance claim, the gooderer news is that when insurance claims are accepted and paid out, they come out of the drivers paycheck

Wahhh! That's awesome. I had no idea. Still, isn't it funny how drivers fail to see this as an encouraging factor to do their job better?

To be honest, though, I've seen what some companies put their drivers through. Being a courier man is an extremely demanding and degrading job, so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey
    View Post

Woah...Fedex estimated shipping with their packing service was $80 with a declared value of $450 and shipping to Portland (which I figure is about as far away as I can get).

My advice is to pack it yourself and search around for a cheaper quote. As long as you're insured then it should be fine. Take out the valves and wrap them separately. That's basically it for such a small amp. It's designed to be thrown around on airplanes and ****************, so don't worry too much about it.

On the other hand, for something like a $1800 Dunwich going all the way to Ireland, or a $2500 Verellen going all the way to Israel, I'd trust Nick and his advice with Fedex and having them box it up professionally. For something of that size and value, it's a whole different story.
    ● MIJ 81' Ibanez AR100, CIJ Fender Custom 72 Telecaster, Edwards Les Paul w/P90s, MIM 93' Fender Stratocaster ● Fryette Memphis 30C, JCA20H (modified) ●● Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge, Iron Ether FrantaBit, ss/bs F*ck, BAT Pharaoh, EQD Organizer ●● EQD Ghost Echo, Skreddy Echo, Mid-fi Electronics DPP, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Subdecay Quasar Dlx ●// Gear // Gas //

Comment

• the essentially reason I say have them pack it is thus. When you or buyer goes to file the insurance claim, they can use the fact you packed it against you during the claims process. Now for Dunwich, I could develop an in house packing setup which then FedEx and UPS could test using a drop based testing scheme and if I passed that without any broken goods I could easily package **************** myself without worries to having it denied insurance claims. However, i really dont have time right now to developed a molded pour foam shipping package (as suggested by my father) so I just have them pack it for me.
      Current Gear:
      1x12 tube combo amp (for sale).
      Emperor 4 x 12 (2 x Weber 65s, 2 x Weber Axis (Fane Clones))
      Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Explorer, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/DunwichAmps

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ancient
        View Post

That's awesome that your back with your lady, and i totally respect looking after your mom my friend. I was just worried about ya.

No problem dude, it's been a hectic week as it is. If you get it to me tonight I can def get it shipped out tomorrow at lunch.

You'll get a notification at some point tonight on paypal. Also I will have two gfs mean 90s now. I wont need both once I put the Iommi in the SG. I will have the silver one from the SG and an unused black one. Not sure what pick ups you were going to get or if you even got any yet. Let me know if you're interested.
        My mother doesnt like my avatar.

Originally Posted by diocide

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

http://churchofwolves.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish
          View Post

Lucky.

Come at me bro.

Wahhh! That's awesome. I had no idea. Still, isn't it funny how drivers fail to see this as an encouraging factor to do their job better?

To be honest, though, I've seen what some companies put their drivers through. Being a courier man is an extremely demanding and degrading job, so I hear.

Sometimes I am yes.

Allready on my way brah!

People here in America seem to think they are entitled to things, forget wanting to put in the effort to DESERVE something. It doesnt encourage them to do their job better, it makes them think of new ways to get around it. And i agree that it is an extremely demanding job, I dunno about degrading on a social level though they make pretty good money, but I can def see it as degrading on a personal level especially with how they treat their employees.
          Gear: Bass / Baritone Offsets, Dunwich / Orange / Peavey Amps, Emperor Cabs, [B.A.T, Dr. Scientist, Verellen, Monolith + Strymon Pedals]....

Originally Posted by Beasleyboy

Low frequencies are like boobs. You don't know why you love them so much, you just do.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by crohny
            View Post

You'll get a notification at some point tonight on paypal. Also I will have two gfs mean 90s now. I wont need both once I put the Iommi in the SG. I will have the silver one from the SG and an unused black one. Not sure what pick ups you were going to get or if you even got any yet. Let me know if you're interested.

Right now I dont have any more guitars to put pickups in the jag's got bareknuckles, HB's won't fit in the jazz, and the V all ready has mean 90's. I could use pickups for the jagmaster but it needs a new body first. Appreciate the offer though!
            Gear: Bass / Baritone Offsets, Dunwich / Orange / Peavey Amps, Emperor Cabs, [B.A.T, Dr. Scientist, Verellen, Monolith + Strymon Pedals]....

Originally Posted by Beasleyboy

Low frequencies are like boobs. You don't know why you love them so much, you just do.

Comment

• Word. I got one of those big mouth GFS pick ups. Got one for the neck of my LP that is tuned to A. Curious to see how that sounds. I really have no use for the mean 90s, but I need to hold on to at least one in case I acquire a guitar that would be a good fit for a p90 in the neck.
              My mother doesnt like my avatar.

Originally Posted by diocide

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

http://churchofwolves.bandcamp.com

Comment

• You'll get a notification at some point tonight on paypal. Also I will have two gfs mean 90s now. I wont need both once I put the Iommi in the SG. I will have the silver one from the SG and an unused black one. Not sure what pick ups you were going to get or if you even got any yet. Let me know if you're interested.

I'd be into nabbin the black one off ya.
                huh

Originally Posted by misterstomach

I'm more concerned that people **************** their pants and cry when i play than i am that it sounds good.

Comment

• Sometimes I am yes.

Allready on my way brah!

People here in America seem to think they are entitled to things, forget wanting to put in the effort to DESERVE something. It doesnt encourage them to do their job better, it makes them think of new ways to get around it. And i agree that it is an extremely demanding job, I dunno about degrading on a social level though they make pretty good money, but I can def see it as degrading on a personal level especially with how they treat their employees.

I'd say it actually is degrading on a social level, maybe not economically, but certainlly socially due to the long hours and the constant association with being a careless ****************************. I can't imagine a pretty and sweet girl at a bar being impressed by some jock who is a delivery man. He could be a very nice guy, but ultimately the stigma attached to his career choice may leave others with a bad first impression.
                  ● MIJ 81' Ibanez AR100, CIJ Fender Custom 72 Telecaster, Edwards Les Paul w/P90s, MIM 93' Fender Stratocaster ● Fryette Memphis 30C, JCA20H (modified) ●● Lightfoot Labs Goatkeeper, Fairfield Circuitry Randy's Revenge, Iron Ether FrantaBit, ss/bs F*ck, BAT Pharaoh, EQD Organizer ●● EQD Ghost Echo, Skreddy Echo, Mid-fi Electronics DPP, Subdecay Starlight Flanger, Subdecay Quasar Dlx ●// Gear // Gas //

Comment

• the essentially reason I say have them pack it is thus. When you or buyer goes to file the insurance claim, they can use the fact you packed it against you during the claims process. Now for Dunwich, I could develop an in house packing setup which then FedEx and UPS could test using a drop based testing scheme and if I passed that without any broken goods I could easily package **************** myself without worries to having it denied insurance claims. However, i really dont have time right now to developed a molded pour foam shipping package (as suggested by my father) so I just have them pack it for me.

Would this be as much of a problem if I were to use USPS since they don't offer packing services?
                    Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

• In my experience the Meathead Dark is so ****************ing dark that it kinda muffs out the fuzz to the point where it seems less fuzzy. Mod it to regular or gold spec and see if it ain't fuzzy enough.

I made it for pelliot. this one is called the "turkey baster full of semen" and the knob is labelled "baste"

Oh man. Now you've done it. Here is a true story. My mom is a lesbian. She came out when I was 16 and is the frumpiest butch chick in the world. Over the past 23 years she's had a number of girlfriends of varying ages and ethnicity. She was with a gal named Kelly for like five years. I never liked Kelly and never talked to her much. So she moved back to St Louis in like 2003 or something. In about 2006-7 my mom called me up. She was being all weird and talking about Kelly and changing the subject all rapid fire 'n stuff to the point where I just had to ask what the ****************. So then she goes in to this spiel about how I'm very unique and she's not the only one who sees it and that lesbians still want to have babies sometimes. So a picture was beginning to form but still I needed clarification. I aksed what the hell she meant. And she said "Even though Kelly's moved back to St Louis she hasn't forgotten how smart and good looking you are* and she wants you to father a child". I was taken aback because Kelly is a hideous frumpy butchster man-hater. I was about to say "HELL NO" when my mom started describing things: "You wouldn't have to actually have intercourse with her. She said she'd provide you with inspirational materials like videos and magazines and you could go off to the bathroom to do your business in private. She'll just wait on the other side of the door with her lesbian turkey baster at the ready to suck up the fluid and make the transfer". So after she was done with her description I went ahead with the "HELL NO!" I'd been saving.

So that's my turkey baster full of semen story. Luckily it ended before the semen part!

* This was actually said. She must've had me mixed up with my brother
                      band
                      pedalz

Comment

• Holy cow

Comment

• Would this be as much of a problem if I were to use USPS since they don't offer packing services?

USPS i am not sure really. I have post office only handle small stuff like pedals so idk
                          Current Gear:
                          Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Explorer, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

• Dafuq?!

Comment

• Oh man. Now you've done it. Here is a true story. My mom is a lesbian. She came out when I was 16 and is the frumpiest butch chick in the world. Over the past 23 years she's had a number of girlfriends of varying ages and ethnicity. She was with a gal named Kelly for like five years. I never liked Kelly and never talked to her much. So she moved back to St Louis in like 2003 or something. In about 2006-7 my mom called me up. She was being all weird and talking about Kelly and changing the subject all rapid fire 'n stuff to the point where I just had to ask what the ****************. So then she goes in to this spiel about how I'm very unique and she's not the only one who sees it and that lesbians still want to have babies sometimes. So a picture was beginning to form but still I needed clarification. I aksed what the hell she meant. And she said "Even though Kelly's moved back to St Louis she hasn't forgotten how smart and good looking you are* and she wants you to father a child". I was taken aback because Kelly is a hideous frumpy butchster man-hater. I was about to say "HELL NO" when my mom started describing things: "You wouldn't have to actually have intercourse with her. She said she'd provide you with inspirational materials like videos and magazines and you could go off to the bathroom to do your business in private. She'll just wait on the other side of the door with her lesbian turkey baster at the ready to suck up the fluid and make the transfer". So after she was done with her description I went ahead with the "HELL NO!" I'd been saving.

So that's my turkey baster full of semen story. Luckily it ended before the semen part!

* This was actually said. She must've had me mixed up with my brother

there can be only 1 SG O-face-lander
                              Current Gear:

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

• I'd be humbled if someone asked for my sperm, but I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if it was from someone who I never got along with or who never spoke to me. Giving your semen away is a big ****************ing deal. The least you could do is ask yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X