Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to be frank I spend $$ on shipping. Usually a 50-100W head costs me 100 bucks to ship. I insure it for total cost customer payed to have it built. I go to Fedex and have them pack it for me so insurance is not a problem. I have used fedex, never had a problem yet
    Current Gear:
    1x12 tube combo amp (for sale).
    Emperor 4 x 12 (2 x Weber 65s, 2 x Weber Axis (Fane Clones))
    Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Explorer, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/DunwichAmps

Comment

• I would use either fedex or ups and have them pack it for insurance reasons like Nick said. What I would do is ask whom ever buys it which of those two they prefer. In some area's the fedex drivers are for the most part horrible, and never pay attention to the 50 FRAGILE stickers all over the box (this would be my area ) while in other areas its the other way around and UPS are the morons (my only problem with them is that i'm last on their route and if it hits 7pm before they get to me, they take it back and try again the next day )
      Gear: Bass / Baritone Offsets, Dunwich / Orange / Peavey Amps, Emperor Cabs, [B.A.T, Dr. Scientist, Verellen, Monolith + Strymon Pedals]....

Originally Posted by Beasleyboy

Low frequencies are like boobs. You don't know why you love them so much, you just do.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Ancient
        View Post

I would use either fedex or ups and have them pack it for insurance reasons like Nick said. What I would do is ask whom ever buys it which of those two they prefer. In some area's the fedex drivers are for the most part horrible, and never pay attention to the 50 FRAGILE stickers all over the box (this would be my area ) while in other areas its the other way around and UPS are the morons (my only problem with them is that i'm last on their route and if it hits 7pm before they get to me, they take it back and try again the next day )

I can do UPS Store if you wish instead of Fedex. no biggie if thats ur preference here
        Current Gear:
        Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Explorer, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps
          View Post

I can do UPS Store if you wish instead of Fedex. no biggie if thats ur preference here

Just use fedex, my wifey's stepdad is a fedex driver, as soon as you send me the tracking number I'll have him issue an intercept and he'll bring it home for me, it will never hit a truck or ****************ty driver or worse come to worst I will have it dropped off at a fedex office near me and open it there.
          Gear: Bass / Baritone Offsets, Dunwich / Orange / Peavey Amps, Emperor Cabs, [B.A.T, Dr. Scientist, Verellen, Monolith + Strymon Pedals]....

Low frequencies are like boobs. You don't know why you love them so much, you just do.

Comment

• it shall be done.
            Current Gear:

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by DunwichAmps
              View Post

to be frank I spend $$ on shipping. Usually a 50-100W head costs me 100 bucks to ship. I insure it for total cost customer payed to have it built. I go to Fedex and have them pack it for me so insurance is not a problem. I have used fedex, never had a problem yet

Right on. I may swing it by fedex and see what they would charge before deciding on selling local or trying to ship. I assume (which is usually dangerous) that I should be able to ship it properly for around $50 since it's so small/light by amp standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient
              View Post

I would use either fedex or ups and have them pack it for insurance reasons like Nick said. What I would do is ask whom ever buys it which of those two they prefer. In some area's the fedex drivers are for the most part horrible, and never pay attention to the 50 FRAGILE stickers all over the box (this would be my area ) while in other areas its the other way around and UPS are the morons (my only problem with them is that i'm last on their route and if it hits 7pm before they get to me, they take it back and try again the next day )

I am fortunate that my Fedex and UPS guys are both really good and really friendly. My Fedex guy just dropped off my new computer (HUZZAH!) this morning.

In Charlotte I had multiple terrible experiences with Fedex though. Bad enough I was reluctant to see the Fedex truck coming down my street when we first moved back to Wilmington.
              Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by t-rey
                View Post

I am fortunate that my Fedex and UPS guys are both really good and really friendly. My Fedex guy just dropped off my new computer (HUZZAH!) this morning.

In Charlotte I had multiple terrible experiences with Fedex though. Bad enough I was reluctant to see the Fedex truck coming down my street when we first moved back to Wilmington.

Like I said its entirely driver dependent on how your experience will turn out. Last issue i had the guy showed up carrying the guitar in the box out his truck like a boombox in the eighties and then literally slammed it down in front of me, on the end that was clearly labeled this side up with a huge fragile sticker below it. It took all my will power to hold back from knocking the guy out like Danzig. Low and behold open the box and his stupidity had separated the nut and fretboard from the neck right at the headstock of what was to be my new to me rare as hell faded white 3 pickup flying V. The good news, well the good news is i shipped the guitar back to the seller for a full refund whom filed an insurance claim, the gooderer news is that when insurance claims are accepted and paid out, they come out of the drivers paycheck

Comment

View Post

Like I said its entirely driver dependent on how your experience will turn out. Last issue i had the guy showed up carrying the guitar in the box out his truck like a boombox in the eighties and then literally slammed it down in front of me, on the end that was clearly labeled this side up with a huge fragile sticker below it. It took all my will power to hold back from knocking the guy out like Danzig. Low and behold open the box and his stupidity had separated the nut and fretboard from the neck right at the headstock of what was to be my new to me rare as hell faded white 3 pickup flying V. The good news, well the good news is i shipped the guitar back to the seller for a full refund whom filed an insurance claim, the gooderer news is that when insurance claims are accepted and paid out, they come out of the drivers paycheck

Holy unexpected justice, Batman. I had no idea that was the case. It's amazing that there are such negligent drivers if this is the case - I guess they just assume most **************** is not insured.

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

View Post

Holy unexpected justice, Batman. I had no idea that was the case. It's amazing that there are such negligent drivers if this is the case - I guess they just assume most **************** is not insured.

I had no idea either until I asked the wifeys stepdad about the claims procedure. With my driver if he ignored the huge writing of "this side up" and fragile, then i'm pretty sure he didnt pay attention to the insurance sticker either. The reason the driver is held responsible is they check the condition of the box when they load the truck, if they say the box is good to load then it becomes their responsibility, if it's not good to load (i.e. big dents or tears in the box, loose materials inside moving around, etc) they remove it and check the contents then repack as necessary, if its found to be broken before it hits the truck then its paid out by the company.

Comment

• Speaking of Eyehategod, this is happening near me:

I haz excite.

Comment

• insurance claims is exactly why I let FedEx pack it so theres no bull****************. People already pay good ****************in money for amps and I dont need **************** happening to it
                        Current Gear:

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

• Woah...Fedex estimated shipping with their packing service was $80 with a declared value of $450 and shipping to Portland (which I figure is about as far away as I can get).

meh. more fuzz and dist

Comment

View Post

I'm pretty sure the pitbull thread ban left a bad taste in his mouth for this forum.

No bad taste sir. I just haven't had anything worthy of posting lately. Between being back with my lady and being concerned about my mothers health there isn't much to say about anything else.

And I just realized I need to send you money. I will do that tonight.
                            My mother doesnt like my avatar.

Originally Posted by diocide

I used to have a brass pick, but I stopped using it. After using it, my fingers would smell like i fingered a Terminator and I just couldn't get past that. I'm a ****************ing weirdo, I know.

Church of Wolves

http://churchofwolves.bandcamp.com

Comment

View Post

Woah...Fedex estimated shipping with their packing service was $80 with a declared value of $450 and shipping to Portland (which I figure is about as far away as I can get).

yea sounds about right
                              Current Gear:

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by crohny
                                View Post

No bad taste sir. I just haven't had anything worthy of posting lately. Between being back with my lady and being concerned about my mothers health there isn't much to say about anything else.

And I just realized I need to send you money. I will do that tonight.

That's awesome that your back with your lady, and i totally respect looking after your mom my friend. I was just worried about ya.

No problem dude, it's been a hectic week as it is. If you get it to me tonight I can def get it shipped out tomorrow at lunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X