danelectro guitars have my attention

• Members

so for the last week or so ive really been wanting danelectro dc 59(i think?) and a 1448. they just look so cool and i dont think ive really played either.
anyone here got one? i wanna see!

heres a pic of the dude from grizzly bear rocking one:

GrizzlyBear061203.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ive never played a 12 string but the 6 strings ive played felt like toys. just generally thin, lifeless, and unresonant.

i think if you randomly ordered old 60s/ 70s japanese guitars off ebay youd end up with something nicer thatll satisfy your ugly wierd looking guitar lust.

• Members

well, im kinda looking to try something new and different. super sustainy and resonant is great and all, but all guitars are like that. it would be cool to have something {censored}ed up sounding and weird to bring out more creative tendencies. i like those quirky things that make guitars sound broken or cool.

• Members

Great cheap guitars, IMO. Always wind up playing a few when I go to Austin Vintage. Definitely not a high end instrument or anything resembles one but it always reminds me how cool cheap guitars can sound. IMO, they don't play too badly either if you get a decent one.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
School me on them. Pics appreciated.
I call this one Spaceman Spiff.

IMG_2376.jpg
IMG_2378.jpg
IMG_2377.jpg
IMG_2373-1.jpg

MIK, decent size neck, brass nut, plywood or particleboard body, concentric vol/tone pots, and formica pickguard. I consider it my poorman's Ric copy, it definitely brings the jangle. I've certainly played / owned nicer guitars, but for $300, this thing fits the bill perfectly for me. Those new Electromatics are kinda giving me GAS too, ren...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ItchyFingers View Post
I call this one Spaceman Spiff.

IMG_2376.jpg
IMG_2378.jpg
IMG_2377.jpg
IMG_2373-1.jpg

MIK, decent size neck, brass nut, plywood or particleboard body, concentric vol/tone pots, and formica pickguard. I consider it my poorman's Ric copy, it definitely brings the jangle. I've certainly played / owned nicer guitars, but for $300, this thing fits the bill perfectly for me. Those new Electromatics are kinda giving me GAS too, ren...
{censored}. That's Fresh.

• Members

Dude. Yes. Danelectros are amazing. I love them. They definitely have a cheaper feel to them, but don't let that scare you away! They're amazing. They have this quirky hollow sound that is just grrrreattttt! I have mine set up for slide right now. Here it is, a U1

404922_2941148922222_1284558184_n.jpg

Heres a dude who rocks a Dano. Seriously this guy is amazing.

Heres an awesome U2
1956_JadeGreen_Danelectro_U2.jpg

and here is me playing my u1 many moons ago.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LSDis4me View Post
Did they ever apologize for financing Prop 8?
facepalm.gif First Chick-Fil-A, now Danelectro. See this is why I can't have nice things icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TravvyBear View Post
I've never played any of the humbuggie Danos. How do they sound?
Hot and bitey, a little twang. Really fun if you want bring da nasty.

Archived