I want to get a overdrive pedal

kolapsar

• Members

Man, there are just soooo many flavors of OD out there. Do you have any more specific criteria?

FWIW, I had an OCD V4 (lots of folks liked the earlier versions better). I loved the OCD, but it wasn't as good as my Barber LTD, my Timmy, or my Zendrive so the OCD got sold off.

• Members

this is a tough one because, like someone mentioned a few posts ago, there are a lot of different ODs with a lot of different tonal coloration, so it can be a big "just try it" experiental exercise.

I suppose we can steer you away from things that really would NOT fit, but there is a whole grey area of individual preference.

One question. What kind of amplifier are you using (In my personal experience I've found that OD style pedals often sound their best as complimentary break-up while even pushing an amp into overdrive...the "fuziness" in many OD pedals such as tubescreamers is actually diode clipping, not saturating an amplification stage)

well, OK maybe two questions - do you have other needs? like 9V supply or is 120VAC "wall supply" OK?pedal only or rack format OK (you put PEDAL in caps, so I'm assuming rack fom factor is out?)

Archived