The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Members

We are a very lucky forum to have a builder like duderanimous in our midst. This will be the thread for all things Monsterpiece Fuzz related. Pictures, clips, questions for the builder or owners. Show your Monsterpiece Fuzz pedals!

Here's the link to Richard (the builder, AKA duderanimous)

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...er.php?u=28902

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A'ight, I'm in. I've been loving Richard's pedals since my first PNP, a 2-knob 2xGe, summer of '06. Within a month or so, I ordered the NPN w/ 2x BC108s.

fuzzes_top.jpg

fuzzes_inside.jpg

I let both of these go with plans to get a 2 Headed Monster, but before I could order one I found a killer deal on this one on the classifieds:

2_headed.jpg

I like using the 2 different style of knobs to represent NPN/PNP. It's a helluva' pedal & different from my first 2. Both sides are hybrid on this one & they both probably sound a little "better" but also seem to have a little less of their own personality. Really hard for me to judge the PNP as my 1st one didn't have the external bias pot. . .

Anyhow, I'm going back & forth on letting this one go for yet another try at Monsterpiece perfection. Maybe the answer is just to pick up a 2nd 2 Headed Monsterpiece. . . freak.gifidea.giffreak.gifidea.gif

• Members

I'll soon be a member of the club..

I'm getting a NPN/Classic double headed monsterpiece! cool.gif

I'll post some pics when I get it....I can't wait, I have the paypal invoice but can't pay until tuesday....the wait is killing me but i'm sure it will be worth it! smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by katamaridamacy View Post
i really like your clips. cool.gif your 'classic' demo made me order one from richard. wave.gif

thumb.gif

I love that pedal! Do you have a Box Of Rock? The Classic Monsterpiece stacked with the BOR is one of the best combos I've ever heardlove.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Destructobot View Post
Cheap. I think just about $100 for a single, $190 for a double, $270 triple. Somewhere around those prices.
even less than that! cool.gif

Prices are $95.00 for a single pedal, $160.00 for a 2 Headed Monster, and $240.00 for a 3 Headed Monster.

I hear a price rise might be coming soon though, so get one in now!

• Members

I got a PNP and a NPN, awesome stuff. To this day, the best tone I've ever had live was when I was using my Mesa DC-5 w/ my friends Mesa 4x12 on the rhythm channel with Silver Kiss > PNP > DD-20. When I stepped on the Silver Kiss and PNP together it was just sonic bliss.

• Members

Here's my latest work of art, I mean Monsterpeice:

MonsterpieceMKII.jpg
MonsterpieceMKIIguts.jpg

It's a Tonebender MKII (MK1.5, really). I also have an AD2000 and an NPN. Maybe I need a PNP also. This is THE MKII clone to have as I've had a couple of Soulbenders and a BYOC and this thing blows them away.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by fuzz/karl View Post
Thats some of the cleanest work I've seen.Well done.
I think I need one of these.

Are 2 of those sharing a 9v or is the hole thing 18v?

Two of those are sharing a 9 volt. Depends on the circuit, really... on the multi headed Monsterpieces, circuits that are of the same polarity are wired to run off of the same battery / adapter jack.

Archived