If you could have any reverb pedal

Shine-ei

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I really like my BigSky. Gonna go with that. There're just a ton of sounds available there ranging from crazy and weird, to huge and natural, to subtle enhancement. 3 Presets per bank. 100 banks. Full stereo. Spillover. Expression control. Cab emulator if you want to go direct. Basically noiseless. Also **** expensive, but what are you gonna do?

Others I have liked a lot:

Source Audtio Dimension Reverb

Hardwire Reverb

Hardwire Supernatural

Ones I tried that didn't work as well for me:

Red Panda Context

TC Hall of Fame

EHX Holy Grail

Mr. Black Supermoon

Eventide Space

Strymon Flint

All had their strengths and weaknesses, but a few in the didn't work camp had clipping or noise issues, especially when used in front of an amp or with other pedals or else they didn't sound as natural.

• Members

V wrote:

Well, I really like my BigSky. Gonna go with that. There're just a ton of sounds available there ranging from crazy and weird, to huge and natural, to subtle enhancement. 3 Presets per bank. 100 banks. Full stereo. Spillover. Expression control. Cab emulator if you want to go direct. Basically noiseless. Also **** expensive, but what are you gonna do?

Others I have liked a lot:

Source Audtio Dimension Reverb

Hardwire Reverb

Hardwire Supernatural

Ones I tried that didn't work as well for me:

Red Panda Context

TC Hall of Fame

EHX Holy Grail

Mr. Black Supermoon

Eventide Space

Strymon Flint

All had their strengths and weaknesses, but a few in the didn't work camp had clipping or noise issues, especially when used in front of an amp or with other pedals or else they didn't sound as natural.

did the space have clipping issues? I find clipping problems to be the problem with most reverbs, if the Cathedral didn't have such little headroom I'd still have it. Loved the way that thing sounded. 

• Members

Reverbulator by demeter

Versatile spring reverb. Spring is my favorite for guitar. I decided I wanted one of these as my only reverb pedal, so I splurged a couple years ago. I never play live with it (ever), but it'll be all over any recording I ever do. I use it for a send from my DAW or mackie 1202 also. Much more rewarding than digital stomp boxes.

• Members

EHX Holy Grail nano

Ive owned a bunch of verb pedals, including all of the spring reverbs made by Malekko and the Holy Grail is what I come back too.

Good, usable spring mode, great hall mode, perfectly noiseless opperation even when chained with many pedals on a one spot.

Sounds good, works flawlessly and is cheap and durable.

• Members

I'm with Zappa on this one. I run two compressors, tons of octave fuzzes, fuzzes, wah, distortions, delays, boosts and modulation pedals through a nano holy grail with no clipping issues. It also just adds a great wetness and warmth in general to my tone. I keep it dedicated to spring mode.

• Members

wjbratcher wrote:

Reverbulator by demeter

Versatile spring reverb. Spring is my favorite for guitar. I decided I wanted one of these as my only reverb pedal, so I splurged a couple years ago. I never play live with it (ever), but it'll be all over any recording I ever do. I use it for a send from my DAW or mackie 1202 also. Much more rewarding than digital stomp boxes.

I posted a link above

• Members

Shine-ei wrote:

what would it be?
Not
including rack units or
spring heads
, which reverb pedal would you own and why? 

OK, the obvious one would be :

Fender '63 Reverb Unit

Van Amps Reverbamate Vintage 47

Mahaffay Amplifiers Little Lanilei Reverb 

Guyatone FR3000V

Valve Train Spring Thing

Demeter Reverbulator

The ones within the rules of the OP :

Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy

Boss RE-20 - sereously !

Strymon Bluesky

T-Rex Room-Mate

Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Neunaber Wet Stereo Reverb - http://www.neunabertechnology.com/

Danelectro Spring King

Danelectro Reel Echo

Tech21 Boost RVB

Blackstar HT-Reverb

. . . yes, i love my ( ( ( verbz ) ) ) 

• Members

gambit wrote:

i bought a Cathedral last week... first impressions aren't great but i'll do some more tweaking.

i think the Mr Black reverbs are next to try out

Meh I didn't get on with the Mr Black ones myself. To be honest they sounded more like very short delays but also were kind of noisy. 

• Members

****.. Mr Black reverbs looking less like an option then..

companyman / V - what are you favourite reverbs? i've been through a bunch, but the RV-2 is best value for sound i can find (somewhat noisy on cranked settings though).

i couldn't justify the price of the Flint vs the lack of parameters. if they dropped the trem and put some pre-delay, high and low shelving it would be have been golden.

Archived