Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could have any reverb pedal

what would it be? Not including rack units or spring heads, which reverb pedal would you own and why? 

Well, I really like my BigSky. Gonna go with that. There're just a ton of sounds available there ranging from crazy and weird, to huge and natural, to subtle enhancement. 3 Presets per bank. 100 banks. Full stereo. Spillover. Expression control. Cab emulator if you want to go direct. Basically noiseless. Also **** expensive, but what are you gonna do?

Others I have liked a lot:

Source Audtio Dimension Reverb

Hardwire Reverb

Hardwire Supernatural

Ones I tried that didn't work as well for me:

Red Panda Context

TC Hall of Fame

EHX Holy Grail

Mr. Black Supermoon

Eventide Space

Strymon Flint

All had their strengths and weaknesses, but a few in the didn't work camp had clipping or noise issues, especially when used in front of an amp or with other pedals or else they didn't sound as natural.

www.shoepedals.com

Comment

• xrleroyx
      xrleroyx commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a mini RRR. It was cool.

• Shine-ei
      Shine-ei commented
      Editing a comment

V wrote:

Well, I really like my BigSky. Gonna go with that. There're just a ton of sounds available there ranging from crazy and weird, to huge and natural, to subtle enhancement. 3 Presets per bank. 100 banks. Full stereo. Spillover. Expression control. Cab emulator if you want to go direct. Basically noiseless. Also **** expensive, but what are you gonna do?

Others I have liked a lot:

Source Audtio Dimension Reverb

Hardwire Reverb

Hardwire Supernatural

Ones I tried that didn't work as well for me:

Red Panda Context

TC Hall of Fame

EHX Holy Grail

Mr. Black Supermoon

Eventide Space

Strymon Flint

All had their strengths and weaknesses, but a few in the didn't work camp had clipping or noise issues, especially when used in front of an amp or with other pedals or else they didn't sound as natural.

did the space have clipping issues? I find clipping problems to be the problem with most reverbs, if the Cathedral didn't have such little headroom I'd still have it. Loved the way that thing sounded. 

This thing is way cool. Too bad so much money http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=498040&is=REG&A=details&Q=

Comment

My Cathedral doesn't clip with humbuckers....

Comment

• renula
      renula commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the HOf and use the church of andy toneprint. LOL. It sounds great.

• Shine-ei
      Shine-ei commented
      Editing a comment

companyman wrote:
      My Cathedral doesn't clip with humbuckers....

I'm talking more about how it takes gain pedals in front of it. It just degrades. such a shame

Reverbulator by demeter

Versatile spring reverb. Spring is my favorite for guitar. I decided I wanted one of these as my only reverb pedal, so I splurged a couple years ago. I never play live with it (ever), but it'll be all over any recording I ever do. I use it for a send from my DAW or mackie 1202 also. Much more rewarding than digital stomp boxes.

Comment

• Stonedtone
      Stonedtone commented
      Editing a comment

wjbratcher wrote:
      Reverbulator by demeter

Versatile spring reverb. Spring is my favorite for guitar. I decided I wanted one of these as my only reverb pedal, so I splurged a couple years ago. I never play live with it (ever), but it'll be all over any recording I ever do. I use it for a send from my DAW or mackie 1202 also. Much more rewarding than digital stomp boxes.

I posted a link above

EHX Holy Grail nano

Ive owned a bunch of verb pedals, including all of the spring reverbs made by Malekko and the Holy Grail is what I come back too.

Good, usable spring mode, great hall mode, perfectly noiseless opperation even when chained with many pedals on a one spot.

Sounds good, works flawlessly and is cheap and durable.

I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

• blueboxer
      blueboxer commented
      Editing a comment

I'm with Zappa on this one. I run two compressors, tons of octave fuzzes, fuzzes, wah, distortions, delays, boosts and modulation pedals through a nano holy grail with no clipping issues. It also just adds a great wetness and warmth in general to my tone. I keep it dedicated to spring mode.

My man

Comment

Big Sky kills all, /thread.

Benjamin Allison

Check out my latest album, We Enter the Dark Room, Alone
      http://roestudios.com/

Comment

• V
        V commented
        Editing a comment

ben_allison wrote:

kinda true lol

• RoboPimp
        RoboPimp commented
        Editing a comment

ben_allison wrote:

kills your tone - hide hide hide behind frightened eyes

I like most of the reverb tank units or the ones already in the amp. Too bad with tank verbs if anything and I mean anything hits the tank it'll sound like a bomb going off in a cave

Comment

• RoboPimp
        RoboPimp commented
        Editing a comment
        AH YES REVERB, THE 2X SWEATSHIRT FOR YOUR TONE

Shine-ei wrote:

what would it be? Not including rack units or spring heads, which reverb pedal would you own and why? 

OK, the obvious one would be :

Fender '63 Reverb Unit

Van Amps Reverbamate Vintage 47

Mahaffay Amplifiers Little Lanilei Reverb 

Guyatone FR3000V

Valve Train Spring Thing

Demeter Reverbulator

The ones within the rules of the OP :

Lee Jackson Mr. Springgy

Boss RE-20 - sereously !

Strymon Bluesky

T-Rex Room-Mate

Wampler Faux Spring Reverb

Neunaber Wet Stereo Reverb - http://www.neunabertechnology.com/

Danelectro Spring King

Danelectro Reel Echo

Tech21 Boost RVB

Blackstar HT-Reverb

. . . yes, i love my ( ( ( verbz ) ) ) 

Gibson SG Faded (w. SD A2P's)
      60's Classic Series Tele (w. Bareknuckle Flatt '50s)
      Ibanez Artcore AG75 (w. TV Jones TV-HT's)
      Gibson LP Jr. Special (w. Phil X PX-100)
      Tokai LS92 (w. SD WLH set)
      Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh
      1966 Bassman / Thunderverb 50 / block letter 5150 / Marshall Class5

Good deals with : Pepperduck, TylerDurden24, iualum, hangwire, friction, Dr.Picklebottom, dmbluesguy, Mr JinX , dhouser3 & The Riffer.

Comment

i bought a Cathedral last week... first impressions aren't great but i'll do some more tweaking.

i think the Mr Black reverbs are next to try out
      Youtube Pedal Vids
      For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
      ToneFactor Nebular - £40
      Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
      Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

• V
        V commented
        Editing a comment

gambit wrote:
        i bought a Cathedral last week... first impressions aren't great but i'll do some more tweaking.

i think the Mr Black reverbs are next to try out

Meh I didn't get on with the Mr Black ones myself. To be honest they sounded more like very short delays but also were kind of noisy. 

Yeah, I agree with V on the Mr. Black being noisy the Eterna I had was pretty noisy, especially in my Orange's effects loop, unusable.

Comment

• gambit
        gambit commented
        Editing a comment
        ****.. Mr Black reverbs looking less like an option then..

companyman / V - what are you favourite reverbs? i've been through a bunch, but the RV-2 is best value for sound i can find (somewhat noisy on cranked settings though).

i couldn't justify the price of the Flint vs the lack of parameters. if they dropped the trem and put some pre-delay, high and low shelving it would be have been golden.

I have owned a Holy Grail, Holy Grail +, EQD Ghost Echo, Eterna and finally settled on the Cathedral, I really like it, these headroom issues are a mystery to me... That said I run a dirty/clean dual amp setup with the Cathedral in the clean amp only.

Comment

Mr. Black Super Moon Chrome. No contest. That thing is beautiful.

Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

• macadood
          macadood commented
          Editing a comment

Strymon BigSky!

sf

In short I want it because I can't have it.

Attached Files

Comment

• Danhedonia
          Danhedonia commented
          Editing a comment

Big Sky used at recent recording session made unpleasant noises according to friend who ... is sympathetic to less-than-perfect gear.

Anyone else?

Working...
      X