Gibson Les Paul Baritone

Sad Darwin

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't even put into words how bad I want this guitar. {censored}.

I hear the voicing of the pickups in this one is a bit hotter and brighter..... two things I don't usually go for in guitars. Still, maybe if enough people hassle Gibson they'll make this new one in more colors. It's not that this color scheme is terrible, it's just not at all my style.

• Members

You're just low tone dweller, my friend. Hellcat isn't giving you your fix anymore?

Oh, I love the shit out of my Hellcat :love:

I recently had one of my most creative periods I can remember rediscovering my Hellcat VI. I probably wrote a song every 2-3 days for a couple months. I just look at the Gibson Baritone as the midway point between regular guitar and a bass VI.

• Members

Oh, I love the shit out of my Hellcat
:love:

I recently had one of my most creative periods I can remember rediscovering my Hellcat VI. I probably wrote a song every 2-3 days for a couple months. I just look at the Gibson Baritone as the midway point between regular guitar and a bass VI.

Maaan, I want a Hellcat :(.

I feel ya, though. I have a guitar set up B-B, but it's not the same. I want a real bari, bass vi, and regular guitar.

• Members

Now that I am not on my phone, I can post some pictures and links.

shadow627bk1.jpg

http://www.rondomusic.com/shadow627bk.html

This is the Douglas Shadow baritone, 27", $150, the downside? Bolt-on neck.

al2800baritone1.jpg

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1068.html

There is also the Agile 2800 baritone if you are looking for a step up in quality, and this one is still a steal at $340.

Both have a 27" scale length. That Douglas plus GFS pickups could make a pretty sweet baritone on the hella cheap. I'd love to give the Eastwood Side Jack baritone a spin, too.

Archived