Before you get a SnapperHead pedal - myths & misconceptions

goodhonk

• Members

Here we go:

1. A snapperhead will make my tone better - False.  

2. It's an integral part of the 'Nashville' sound - False.  

3. It will add sustain - True.  

Any player worth their salt will most certainly tell you that good tone is in the fingers. Snapperheads are best for beginners.  Most players who've acquired some experience have pretty good muscle control in their fingers, which renders a snapperhead virtually useless.  There's nothing wrong with jamming one, just digest the right information before you plunk down 150 dollars for a unit if you really don't need it (i.e., a cat who plays with one on all the time).  If you want to use it as a lead boost in front of your od, do it.  They can work pretty good for that.

--

Let the flames begin! ;)

Cheers!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

goodhonk wrote:

Here we go:

1. A snapperhead will make my tone better

- False.  

2. It's an integral part of the 'Nashville' sound 

- False.  

3. It will add sustain

- True.  

Any player worth their salt will most certainly tell you that good tone is in the fingers. Snapperheads are best for beginners.  Most players who've acquired some experience have pretty good muscle control in their fingers, which renders a snapperhead virtually useless.  There's nothing wrong with jamming one, just digest the right information before you plunk down 150 dollars for a unit if you really don't need it (i.e., a cat who plays with one on all the time).  If you want to use it as a lead boost in front of your od, do it.  They can work pretty good for that.

--

Let the flames begin!
;)

Cheers!

You almost got creative there.  Try writing the words next time.

• Members

There are about 10 guys in total posting on this forum. Before we chase away a new recruit we should let Mr. Snapper tell us about his pedal at least. He seems to be legit about building and developing something a bit different. At least in his opinion. I say he puts one in the mail and lets us try it out. Then we can tar and feather him if it is a rehoused Joyo.

• Members

alien wrote:

Well i used to make the Stickers for SNAPPER lawn mowers , i put one on mah tewLBoX its blakk in chroam and reads snapper !!! Then there iz an old pic of satch and stevie vai sharing a Blew comb!!

The toanz those old lawn mowers had was EPIC. 

Slap a little reverb and delay on there, maybe some ring mod, and you have the makings of some excellent sonic material. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

goodhonk wrote:

Here we go:

1. A snapperhead will make my tone better

- False.  

2. It's an integral part of the 'Nashville' sound 

- False.  

3. It will add sustain

- True.  

--

Let the flames begin!
;)

Cheers!

I will say though, this was funny...

• 2 months later...

Archived