Holy crap the EHX Humdebugger ....

companyman

• Members

.....really works well, I have a 70's PAN branded Matsumoku made semi- hollow with these funky Gretsch/Rickenbacher/ P90-ish singsl coils that really choogle along nicely but hum like a mutha, the Humdebugger kills the hum completely, amazing! It beefs up the signal a touch, like buffer would and ZERO hum, brought this guitar to life!

• Members

First in line, then my Philosophers Tone > big box Microsynth in a TB loop > Stereo Clone Theory > Yellow Drive> The Worm>Cathedral>SMMH> MXR/CAE booster>70's Ampeg G100 .... Lots of opportunity for insane hum and noise in that rig but the hum debugger tamed it all.

• Members

then i think i need to test it...
how does it otherwise affect the sound?
when using filter caps and coils to get rid of 50/60 cycle hum of single coils it always affects the sound and changes the tone

99euro though is a lot money if it might not work perfect...

• Members

From my experience it kills the hum, and beefs up the signal a bit like a good buffer would....I have read online that some people say it has a digital artifact when using high gain with palm muting, but I don't use that much gain and don't do the chugga chugga brootz much.

Archived