PSA: Buyer Beware

BrentMpls

• Members

What is the forum policy (is there one?) for scammers? phileek.gif

If you send payment, not only to a HCFX user, but a business, and they don't come provide the product after payment is sent. facepalm.gif

I've bought quite a few pedals from builders here, and lots of trades with no issues so far until now.

Thanks!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can tell your side of the story, but remember - keep it honest. I have no way of confirming anything you (or the other side) say, but if the other side can prove libel, slander, etc. - it's on you, not me or HC.

We'll also give equal time to the other side if they want to reply with their side of the story.

Oh, and please do the right thing and update the thread if things get resolved later. wave.gif

• Members

Just a heads up - be careful when dealing with sparky_8.

I sent payment to sparky_8 aka Stephen @ Step Up Guitars for a pedal. After weeks of no pedal or shipment updates and several inquiries with less than pleasant responses the pedal he finally shipped me was not the one paid for. What I got was some home-brew disaster in appearance (uneven drill holes, very beat bottom plate, etc). The inside appear to have nice parts, but it clearly isn't what I ordered. He apparently is trying to unload some random project pedal.

I asked for a refund, he refused, and now it has been escalated for paypal to decide what to do.

I've never had an issue with anyone prior to this, many of you on this forum have sold or traded with me, some people thousands of dollars worth of equipment. This particular transaction was for $125.

Regardless of how this turns out I'm thinking of adding this pedal to Bob's charity drive or something similar.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BrentMpls View Post
Just a heads up - be careful when dealing with sparky_8.

I sent payment to sparky_8 aka Stephen @ Step Up Guitars for a pedal. After weeks of no pedal or shipment updates and several inquiries with less than pleasant responses the pedal he finally shipped me was not the one paid for. What I got was some home-brew disaster in appearance (uneven drill holes, very beat bottom plate, etc). The inside appear to have nice parts, but it clearly isn't what I ordered. He apparently is trying to unload some random project pedal.

I asked for a refund, he refused, and now it has been escalated for paypal to decide what to do.

I've never had an issue with anyone prior to this, many of you on this forum have sold or traded with me, some people thousands of dollars worth of equipment. This particular transaction was for $125.

Regardless of how this turns out I'm thinking of adding this pedal to Bob's charity drive or something similar.

I happen to know for a fact that isn't true.

Nice try though. Bum sore?

Archived