Ibanez ES2 Echo Shifter

bieke

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I've never been a tap-tempo guy, but I am interested in the tap-tempo expectations of the tap-heads out there. So can you tell me exactly how you'd like to see the tap and separate delay knob to interact?

I get it that you want the tapped time-value to be 'stored' so you don't lose it when you stomp the box on.

But would you want the flexibility to start with the knob (slider, in this case) then switch to your tapped time value? Or is it simply a case of, 'once I tap in a value, totally ignore the other knob/slider'? If this was the case, would you be happy with a pedal that had no 'delay knob', only a tap-tempo, and deal with tappin-in before switching on the pedal?

I'm not trying to stir up {censored}. I just want to understand the tap-crowd better. Implementing it from an EE perspective could be interesting.

...and don't pansy out and say "Just like the DL-4" or some handwave bs like that...plz define what would be your ideal tap-tempo interface...

a) is 'just a tap-in' acceptable? (ie no knob)

b) if you also want a knob, how do they interact? Do you want the knob to act like a preset too?

c) if both are interactive, is it ok that the 'last one active' is the one active when you turn the effect on/off/on again?

• Members

this "pedal" is for realtime desktop knob/fader twiddler...

- the fader is great for a quick drastic change and action. But a fader for fine tuning is crap.

- modulation is nice, but i miss some options like rate etc...

- tap tempo is ok - i see the problem, but i guess it is not a big deal... you just have to change your workflow with the use of tap... a fx-loop would solve this problem. pedal always on and just muted with the loop box...

Archived