DL-4 replacement?

thom

• Members

I've always had a love/hate thing with my dl-4. It's been a reliable work horse that does an okay job at every single delay tone I would ever need, and I'm still convinced that bang for the buck -whise it's damn hard to beat. Apart from a couple modes though, it doesn't really kick ass at anything.

The analog delay sounds meh compared to the real analog delays I tried, the tape setting isn't nearly as conf as that of the strymon, and even for digital delay I prefer a boss RV-3. The looper is pretty unique, but I hardly ever use it for anything but randomn intro noises and stuff. 

Any other super versatile modeler out there that outperforms the DL-4?

I'm kinda out of the loop, the only ones I could think of:

-Vox Delaylab: f*cking HUGE. Seriously, I know this shouldn't be an issue at all, but that thing is about as big as my entire pedal board.

-Empress Superdelay: Too pricey, even used. Haven't given up looking, but I don't have much hope.

A premium version of the DL-4, without any silly digital menus or a rediculous boutique-ish price tag or whatever, would be awesome. Anything I'm overlooking? I *might* consider looking at pedals with fewer presets, or even just one preset...But than it'd have to sound downright spectacular, and for less money that what my dl-4 will fetch me.

• Members

TomVanDeven wrote:

M9/Delaylab are your only choices. Anything else is a compromise when it comes to the looper.

That being said, get the M9.

If the looper is the only compromise, I'd be okay with getting a seperate looper. Or well, just not looping anything at all. 

But aren't the M9 algorithms very similar -if not identical- to those of the DL4?

Archived