ABY pedal suggestions

Danhedonia

• Members

I'm using a Radial Big Shot.

-Solid construction, can take a beating.

-Just enough options and knobbies without going overboard with bells and whizzles that'll only hitch up the price.

-As affordable as a decent A/B/Y pedal gets. I'm sure a Lehle is worth every cent, I just can't bring myself to fork out that much money on a signal splitter either. And I would think that you might have to deal with quality/reliabilty issues if you go with something that costs conciderably less than the radial Big Shot.

The ground lift and phase reverse switches saved my ass more than a couple times. I can't think of using an a/b without those features. 

The lack of a status led can be a pain, that'd be my only tiny complaint. 

I don't own a Radial Bigshot ABY, but the features list for that, along with the reasonable price, make it a nearly ideal ABY pedal IMO. I do own other Radial stuff, and without exception, it's all first-rate. I love the fact that the Radial includes an isolation transformer that you can switch in when using it to feed two amps - without one, you're almost guaranteed to get ground loop hum. I paid as much for a box with an iso transformer as the Bigshot ABY costs - more actually... and it's basically just the transformer, and lacks the ABY functionality. In my book, that makes the Radial a pretty sweet deal. 

Archived