OT - per request; my car

Phil O'Keefe

As I said in another thread, my uncle is doing some work on it for me. It is a first year (1990 model)  Mazda Miata with the B package (power windows / air / cruise control / etc.), 5-speed, and both rag and hard tops. It was purchased over on Guam and then shipped back stateside. It's got over a quarter million miles on it now. It's been a great little car, and I really like driving it. I recently had a new engine put into it, along with a new clutch. Then someone recently dinged the rear quarterpanel, and my uncle is fixing it up, repainting it, and doing some other things here and there on it. The hard top is over on the table, and it's being painted too. It's all going to be BRG when it's finished.

IMG\_8763 copy.jpeg

They're a fantastic weekend / fun car IMO. The main drawback of the Miata is the limited size of the trunk. Also, larger drivers sometimes complain about the headtoom - if you're over 6' you might feel cramped in it with the top up. The hard tops are pretty rare. It was extra cost, but definitely something I wanted to have. It's a bit tricky due to the size / bulk of it, but I can take it off or put it back on solo if I have to, and it only takes a couple minutes. It's definitely more secure than the rag top, and better in the winter, although we get enough warm and sunny days here year-round that there are plenty of top-off / top down days we can enjoy, even in the winter.

Archived