NPD! - Subdecay content

gambit

• Members

i've finally managed to track one of these down for a damn-i-might-aswell-buy-it-now-or-i'll-never-get-one price

f

sample and hold is bitchcoat, just like this:

and the envelope filter sounds like Ed O'Brien rocking out on his Lovetone Meatball during 'Talk Show Host'. fan-fooking-tastic!

there's a significant drop in volume when either mode is engaged, which could be an issue. i wouldn't be suprised if there was a volume trim pot in there, and we'll see how it behaves pre/post dirt and other buffered pedals etc over the coming days.

but i'm extremely happy with the sounds, and the fact i'll probably be using it in a dry/wet bypass loop (or parallel signal path) anyway, means the volume drop might not be so bad.

• Members

Nice! I've had two of these and neither of them had any volume drop. But I use single coils so maybe if you're using higher output pickups it may result in getting a volume drop.

That Maestro-esque paintjob looks super cool! Maybe I should snag one of those too.. The envelope filter itself sounded a bit dry to me, not as watery as the 440, Meatball or the Moog but the S&H sounds were really good. Loved it after a fuzz or distortion. Pre dirt you shouldn't have much of a volume drop but post dirt you probably get a volume boost depending how's the filter set. The S&H mode doesn't get as big volume drop/boost because the filter is constantly changing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived