X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD! - Subdecay content

i've finally managed to track one of these down for a damn-i-might-aswell-buy-it-now-or-i'll-never-get-one price

f

sample and hold is bitchcoat, just like this:

and the envelope filter sounds like Ed O'Brien rocking out on his Lovetone Meatball during 'Talk Show Host'. fan-fooking-tastic!

there's a significant drop in volume when either mode is engaged, which could be an issue. i wouldn't be suprised if there was a volume trim pot in there, and we'll see how it behaves pre/post dirt and other buffered pedals etc over the coming days.

but i'm extremely happy with the sounds, and the fact i'll probably be using it in a dry/wet bypass loop (or parallel signal path) anyway, means the volume drop might not be so bad.

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
    <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
    <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
    </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

HNPD!

Wouldn't mind having one of those on my board myself. Dispite the Bush reference that is, they're the Nickleback of the '90s 

Comment

Nice! I've had two of these and neither of them had any volume drop. But I use single coils so maybe if you're using higher output pickups it may result in getting a volume drop.

That Maestro-esque paintjob looks super cool! Maybe I should snag one of those too.. The envelope filter itself sounded a bit dry to me, not as watery as the 440, Meatball or the Moog but the S&H sounds were really good. Loved it after a fuzz or distortion. Pre dirt you shouldn't have much of a volume drop but post dirt you probably get a volume boost depending how's the filter set. The S&H mode doesn't get as big volume drop/boost because the filter is constantly changing.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Good deals with - gae86, JDE, neoflox, kpd78, smudge_lad, Califa, RadioSilence</font></div>

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
        Phil O'Keefe commented
        Editing a comment

eerock wrote:

That Maestro-esque paintjob looks super cool!

I agree - great looking graphics on that one. HNPD! :smileythumbsupsmall:

I picked up the prometheus dlx over the summer. Crazy pedal love it.
      Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

There should not be a volume drop.  You should send it in to us if it does. 

There's no trimmer for volume.  The only internal control is to switch from low-pass to band-pass.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://subdecay.com">Visit the Subdecay Website!</a><br><br><font color="DarkOrange"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.facebook.com/subdecaystudios"><font face="Century Gothic">Follow Subdecay on facebook &amp; you could win a free pedal.</font></a></font><br></div>

Comment

Working...
        X