most real sounding multi fx

mbengs1

• Members

I have a digitech rp100 that was produced in 2001 and i still love it. i think it sound like real effects. can any of the new multi fx beat it ? i have very little experience with multi effects. the only other multi fx i've tried is the boss me-50.

• Members

mbengs1 wrote:

I have a digitech rp100 that was produced in 2001 and i still love it. i think it sound like real effects. can any of the new multi fx beat it ? i have very little experience with multi effects. the only other multi fx i've tried is the boss me-50.

Well, multi fx are real. 

It's just a question of what you like

• Members

Depends...If you define 'real' as analog, like the way a compact pedlol sounds...

Then I guess the Boss ME-5 is worth *another* mension. And if dedicated modelers qualify as 'multi effect': Superdelay, Eventide space/time factor, etc...

• Members

IMHO, Digitech nails modulation, delay, and most OD/Dist plus you get a very good Whammy in all but the least expensive units. I like several of their reverbs in the RP's too but if you like a wetter signal or real long decay they don't have anything to fill that void. All in all, fantastic quality at a great price. Boss and Zoom also do a great job and both offer a bit more variety of weird stuff (though Digitech does pitch effects better than both), but I've always had a soft spot for Digitech gear. Just sounds right to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived